Certified Nursing Assistant - CNAJob ID 85887 Date posted 02/02/2018
- Facility: Sharp Coronado Hospital & Hlth
- City: Coronado
- Department: SNF - Certified 2 (Villa)
- Category: CNA Jobs
- Job Status: Full-Time
- Shift: Evening Job
- FTE: 1.0
- Shift Start: 3 PM
- Shift End Time: 11:30 PM
This position is located in Coronado, San Diego County
8 hour shift, Full-time, 3:00pm - 11:30pm, working every other weekend
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Completion of an approved Nursing Assistant training course
- Current California certification as Nursing Assistant
- Current BLS certification for Healthcare Providers approved by AHA
- Effective interpersonal skills.
- Ability to perform all baseline resident/patient care skills under guidance of Licensed Nurse.
- Fluent knowledge (written and spoken) of English.
Preferred Skills and Qualifications
- One year recent experience in Geriatric setting OR one-year recent experience in an Acute Care hospital as a Nursing Assistant
- Nursing Rehab, Sub-acute, TCU, Custodial, or Hospice experience
- Bilingual (English/Spanish)
The Certified Nursing Assistant – CNA will be oriented to work in all long term care units: Sub-acute, TCU, Custodial, and Hospice. The CNA completes and assists residents with activities of daily living. The CNA completes delegated tasks within their scope of practice and within the designated time frame. The CNA demonstrates the ability to prioritize workload in accordance with the residents' needs. The CNA effectively communicates resident care activities, outcomes and changes to other members of the interdisciplinary team through clear documentation and/or verbal report. The CNA maintains a safe working environment for residents, families and other members of the health care team. The CNA consistently utilizes safe work habits. The CNA maintains resident privacy and confidentiality.
Sharp Coronado Hospital offers a range of long-term care options to help our patients live their lives with dignity, heal to the highest degree possible, and grow in all the ways that have meaning for them.
Sharp Coronado incorporates many personalized aspects into its care philosophy — including patient empowerment, patient and family education, and a physical environment that promotes healing through complementary therapies such as clinical aromatherapy, massage and Healing Touch. Sharp Coronado Hospital is one of the first five hospitals nationally to be designated as a Patient-Centered Hospital by Planetree, an organization committed to personalizing, humanizing, and demystifying the hospital experience for patients and their families.
Essential Physical Requirements may include:
- Twisting (trunk)
- Twisting (neck)
- Bending (waist)
- Flexing/Extending (neck)
- Fine Manipulation / Pinching
- Reaching below shoulder level
- Reaching above shoulder level
- Bed mobilization (scooting / rolling)
- Lateral transfers (bed to gurney)
- Bed to chair/wheelchair/commode transfer
- Car transfers
- Lift up to 50 pounds
- Push/Pull over 100 pounds
- Carry up to 25 pounds
Additional physical requirements of position may be discussed during interview.
Sharp HealthCare is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, gender identity, transgender status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status or any other protected class.
Keywords: Certified Nursing Assistant, CNA