Clinical Laboratory Scientist IIJob ID 78541 Date posted 10/03/2017
- Facility: Sharp Coronado Hospital & Hlth
- City: Coronado
- Department: Lab Clinical Services
- Category: Laboratory Jobs
- Job Status: Per Diem
- Shift: Variable
- FTE: 0.0
- Shift Start: Variable
- Shift End Time: Variable
This position is located in Coronado, San Diego County
8-hour variable shifts; including every other weekend
This is a Per Diem position
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor of Science degree with education as required for California CLS licensure
- Current unencumbered California Clinical Laboratory Scientist license
- One year recent General Clinical Laboratory CLS experience or CLS who completed their CLS Trainee/Intern clinical hours in a Sharp HealthCare Laboratory within the last 6 months
- Must have strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Must be detail-oriented and comfortable with technology
- Must have good written and oral communication skills
- Ability to manage conflicting priorities is essential
Preferred Skills and Qualifications
- National Certification as MLS (ASCP) or MT (ASCP) desirable
The Clinical Laboratory Scientist II will be responsible for pre-analytic and post-analytic testing in Hematology, Coagulation, Chemistry/Urinalysis, Blood Bank and some Microbiology. Assists in overseeing work activities performed by Medical Lab Technicians, Certified Phlebotomy Technicians and Lab Assistants.
Sharp Coronado Laboratory is a full service lab that includes Chemistry, Hematology, Coagulation, Urinalysis, Microbiology, Pathology, Blood Bank and Outreach. Our leadership team promotes wellness, real time reward & recognition, professional growth, flexible scheduling and work/life balance. We are proud to have a team of very committed and highly performing employees! We have empowered our team to create innovative ways of providing patient-centered care, such as our unique Drive-Thru Phlebotomy service and incorporating aromatherapy and hand massage into our practice to create a healing environment for our patients. These innovative services have received numerous awards from our organization and Planetree. Take your career to the next level with Sharp HealthCare’s Clinical Lab Services!
From emergency services to a nationally recognized total joint replacement program, Sharp Coronado Hospital is a 204 bed facility that has a long tradition of providing top-quality, comprehensive health care.
Sharp Coronado incorporates many personalized aspects into its care philosophy — including patient empowerment, patient and family education, and a physical environment that promotes healing through complementary therapies such as clinical aromatherapy, massage and Healing Touch. Sharp Coronado Hospital is one of the first five hospitals nationally to be designated as a Patient-Centered Hospital by Planetree, an organization committed to personalizing, humanizing, and demystifying the hospital experience for patients and their families.
Essential Physical Requirements May Include:
- Twisting (trunk)
- Twisting (neck)
- Bending (waist)
- Flexing/extending (neck)
- Fine manipulation/pinching
- Reaching below shoulder level
- Reaching above shoulder level
- Lift up to 50 pounds
- Push/pull up to 50 pounds
- Carry up to 50 pounds
Additional physical requirements of position may be discussed during interview.
Sharp HealthCare is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, gender identity, transgender status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status or any other protected class.
Keywords: Clinical Lab Scientist, Laboratory, CLS, MLS, MT