Clinical Nurse - RN, Emergency Department, Sharp Coronado Hospital
Job ID: 97225 Date posted: August 12, 2019
- Sharp Coronado Hospital and Hlth
- Emergency Department
- Night Job
Wondering what qualities it takes to be a successful nursing professional at Sharp? View some of the traits we’re looking for below.
- Critical Thinker
The Clinical Nurse RN is an integral part of the team with the opportunity to practice evidence-based care and utilize the nursing care process in a collaborative environment. This position independently performs the nursing process through individualized assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation of safe, therapeutic, efficient care of patients with overt and subtle needs throughout the continuum of care, according to unit’s standard of care. We are looking for qualified nurses to share our vision of holistic patient care that continually moves toward excellence in all patient and staff outcomes.
Coronado Hospital's Emergency Department was renovated with Planetree components in the design. It has 8 beds and sees an average of 45 patients a day. The ED has consistently received high patient satisfaction scores from Press Ganey Surveys. As California's only Designated Planetree Patient Centered Hospital, Sharp Coronado is committed to personalizing, humanizing and demystifying the hospital experience for patients and their loved ones. Our caregivers offer the highest quality clinical care in an environment that promotes healing through complementary therapies, stimulation of the senses, and calm beautiful surroundings.
From emergency services to a nationally recognized total joint replacement program, Sharp Coronado Hospital is a 204 bed facility that has a long tradition of providing top-quality, comprehensive health care.
Sharp Coronado incorporates many personalized aspects into its care philosophy — including patient empowerment, patient and family education, and a physical environment that promotes healing through complementary therapies such as clinical aromatherapy, massage and Healing Touch. Sharp Coronado Hospital is one of the first five hospitals nationally to be designated as a Person- Centered Care Hospital by Planetree, an organization committed to personalizing, humanizing, and demystifying the hospital experience for patients and their families.
Applicant may be eligible for Relocation Reimbursement up to $2500
Sharp employees are eligible for a $1000 employee referral bonus
This position is located in Coronado, San Diego County
12-hour, Night shift; 7:00 pm – 7:30 am; including every other weekend
This is full-time position, (.9): 72 hours/per pay period
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Associates of Science Degree in Nursing
- Current unencumbered California Registered Nurse licensure
- Current BLS certification for Healthcare Providers
- Current ACLS certification for Healthcare Providers
- Current PALS certification for Healthcare Providers
- One year current adult ED RN experience in an Acute Care setting
Preferred Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelors of Science Degree in Nursing
- Current CEN certification
Physical requirements of position may be discussed during interview.
Sharp HealthCare is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
Keywords: Clinical Nurse - RN, Registered Nurse, Emergency Department, ED
Medical, vision and dental
Generous time off
- Committed to excellence in all that we do
- Built to be supportive and educational — a place where employees can grow and thrive
- A positive, compassionate, friendly and team-oriented atmosphere
- Thankful for the contributions and hard work of others, and praising their accomplishments
- Committed to creating a safe environment for those we serve
- Celebrate diversity, recognizing that our unique differences create a stronger whole