Clinical Nurse - RN, Endoscopy, SCHHCJob ID 80527 Date posted 10/03/2017
- Facility: Sharp Coronado Hospital & Hlth
- City: Coronado
- Department: Endoscopy
- Category: RN Jobs
- Job Status: Part-Time
- Shift: Day Job
- FTE: 0.8
- Shift Start: Variable
- Shift End Time: Variable
This position is located in Coronado, San Diego County
Part-Time (.8); 8 hour variable day shift; call required
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Associates of Science Degree in Nursing
- Current unencumbered California Registered Nurse licensure
- Current BLS certification for Healthcare Providers
- Current ACLS certification
- One year current Endoscopy experience
- Moderate (Conscious) Sedation experience
- Proficient in computer skills isuch as: Cerner, PICIS, Excel, Word
Preferred Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelors of Science Degree in Nursing
- Preferred ERCP and EUS experience
The Clinical Nurse RN is an integral part of the team with the opportunity to practice evidence-based care and utilize the nursing care process in a collaborative environment. This position independently performs the nursing process through individualized assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation of safe, therapeutic, efficient care of patients with overt and subtle needs throughout the continuum of care, according to unit’s standard of care. We are looking for qualified nurses to share our vision of patient care that continually moves toward excellence in all patient and staff outcomes.
The Endoscopy Department prepares and provides outpatient and inpatient services with moderate (conscious) sedation.
The department is open 5 days a week including on call hours required. Prefer experience with ERCP and EUS.
Sharp Coronado incorporates many personalized aspects into its care philosophy — including patient empowerment, patient and family education, and a physical environment that promotes healing through complementary therapies such as clinical aromatherapy, massage and Healing Touch. Sharp Coronado Hospital is one of the first five hospitals nationally to be designated as a Patient-Centered Hospital by Planetree, an organization committed to personalizing, humanizing, and demystifying the hospital experience for patients and their families.
Essential Physical Requirements May Include
- Twisting (trunk)
- Twisting (neck)
- Bending (waist)
- Flexing/extending (neck)
- Fine manipulation/pinching
- Reaching below shoulder level
- Reaching above shoulder level
- Bed mobilization (scooting/rolling)
- Lateral transfers (bed to gurney)
- Bed to chair/wheelchair/commode transfer
- Lift up to 50 pounds
- Push/pull over 100 pounds
- Carry up to 25 pounds
Additional physical requirements of position may be discussed during interview.
Sharp HealthCare is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, gender identity, transgender status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status or any other protected class.
Keywords: Clinical Nurse-RN, Registered Nurse, Endoscopy RN