Clinical Nurse - RN, Medical Intensive Care Unit, Sharp Coronado Hospital
Job ID: 109581 Date posted: April 29, 2021
- Sharp Coronado Hospital and Hlth
- MICU (1ST)
- Night Job
Wondering what qualities it takes to be a successful nursing professional at Sharp? View some of the traits we’re looking for below.
- Critical Thinker
The Clinical Nurse RN is an integral part of the team with the opportunity to practice evidence-based care and utilize the nursing care process in a collaborative environment. This position independently performs the nursing process through individualized assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation of safe, therapeutic, efficient care of patients with overt and subtle needs throughout the continuum of care, according to unit’s standard of care. We are looking for qualified nurses to share our vision of patient care that continually moves toward excellence in all patient and staff outcomes.
We are looking for a positive enthusiastic individual willing to be part of a dynamic team with the ability to support the goals of Sharp Coronado and the 7-bed ICU nursing unit. Our patient population consists of medical and surgical ICU patients along with a concentration of hepatic/renal advanced diseases, outpatient procedures, after hours recovery duties. We continue to grow and add exciting new therapies and specialties to our population. The Planetree environment allows our nurses to use integrative therapies to facilitate healing and to be part of a compassionate team of caregivers. We are looking for excellent teamwork and customer service, consistent with our Planetree environment.
From emergency services to a nationally recognized total joint replacement program, Sharp Coronado Hospital is a 181 bed facility that has a long tradition of providing top-quality, comprehensive health care.
Sharp Coronado incorporates many personalized aspects into its care philosophy — including patient empowerment, patient and family education, and a physical environment that promotes healing through complementary therapies such as clinical aromatherapy, massage and Healing Touch. Sharp Coronado Hospital is one of the first five hospitals nationally to be designated as a Person-Centered Care Hospital by Planetree, an organization committed to personalizing, humanizing, and demystifying the hospital experience for patients and their families.
Sharp employee may be eligible for $1000 employee referral bonus
This position is located in Coronado, San Diego County
12-hour, Night shift; 7:00 pm – 7:30 am; including every other weekend
This is full-time position, (.9): 72 hours/per pay period
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Associates of Science Degree in Nursing
- Current unencumbered California Registered Nurse licensure
- Current BLS certification for Healthcare Providers
- Current ACLS certification for Healthcare Providers
- One year current adult Intensive Care Clinical Nurse experience in an Acute Care setting
Preferred Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelors of Science Degree in Nursing
- Bilingual (English/Spanish)
Sharp HealthCare is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
Keywords: Clinical Nurse-RN, Registered Nurse, Medical Intensive Care, ICU
Medical, vision and dental
Generous time off
- Committed to excellence in all that we do
- Built to be supportive and educational — a place where employees can grow and thrive
- A positive, compassionate, friendly and team-oriented atmosphere
- Thankful for the contributions and hard work of others, and praising their accomplishments
- Committed to creating a safe environment for those we serve
- Celebrate diversity, recognizing that our unique differences create a stronger whole