Clinical Nurse - RN, Medical Surgical (3RD), Sharp Coronado Hospital
Job ID: 103406 Date posted: July 11, 2020
- Sharp Coronado Hospital and Hlth
- M/S (3RD)
- Night Job
Wondering what qualities it takes to be a successful nursing professional at Sharp? View some of the traits we’re looking for below.
- Critical Thinker
The Clinical Nurse RN is an integral part of the team with the opportunity to practice evidence-based care and utilize the nursing care process in a collaborative environment. This position independently performs the nursing process through individualized assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation of safe, therapeutic, efficient care of patients with overt and subtle needs throughout the continuum of care, according to unit’s standard of care. We are looking for qualified nurses to share our vision of holistic patient care that continually moves toward excellence in all patient and staff outcomes.
This is a 30 bed Medical/Surgical/Orthopedic and Telemetry Care Unit at Sharp Coronado Hospital. This is a department of great team work, positive energy, and supportive of your professional growth. We are looking for healthcare professionals that are enthusiastic to be part of a dynamic team and have the ability to support the goals of Sharp Coronado and the Medical Surgical nursing unit.
From emergency services to a nationally recognized total joint replacement program, Sharp Coronado Hospital is a 181 bed facility that has a long tradition of providing top-quality, comprehensive health care.
Sharp Coronado incorporates many personalized aspects into its care philosophy — including patient empowerment, patient and family education, and a physical environment that promotes healing through complementary therapies such as clinical aromatherapy, massage and Healing Touch. Sharp Coronado Hospital is one of the first five hospitals nationally to be designated as a Person-Centered Hospital by Planetree, an organization committed to personalizing, humanizing, and demystifying the hospital experience for patients and their families.
This position is located in Coronado, San Diego County.
Full-time; 2 hour night shift; 7:00 pm - 7:30 am; including every other weekend
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Graduate of Nursing School
- Current unencumbered California Registered Nurse licensure
- Current BLS certification for Healthcare Provider
- One year recent Acute Care Medical Surgical RN experience
Preferred Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelors of Science Degree in Nursing
- Telemetry RN experience
- Orthopedic experience
Physical requirements of position may be discussed during interview.
Sharp HealthCare is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
Medical, vision and dental
Generous time off
- Committed to excellence in all that we do
- Built to be supportive and educational — a place where employees can grow and thrive
- A positive, compassionate, friendly and team-oriented atmosphere
- Thankful for the contributions and hard work of others, and praising their accomplishments
- Committed to creating a safe environment for those we serve
- Celebrate diversity, recognizing that our unique differences create a stronger whole