As the Concierge/Reception you will provide customer service, information, assistance, and volunteer guidance and training. Provide information and personal service to internal and external customers. Maybe asked to cover Security shifts as needed.
From emergency services to a nationally recognized total joint replacement program, Sharp Coronado Hospital is a 204-bed facility that has a long tradition of providing top-quality, comprehensive health care.
Sharp Coronado incorporates many personalized aspects into its care philosophy — including patient empowerment, patient and family education, and a physical environment that promotes healing through complementary therapies such as clinical aromatherapy, massage and Healing Touch. Sharp Coronado Hospital is one of the first five hospitals nationally to be designated as a Person-Centered Hospital by Planetree, an organization committed to personalizing, humanizing, and demystifying the hospital experience for patients and their families.
This position is located in Coronado, San Diego County.
PART-TIME DAYS WEEKENDS / .5 FTE
8 hours days shift, 6:00 AM - 2:00 PM, weekends only and possibility of weekdays.
Required Skills and Qualifications
- High school graduate or equivalent preferred
- Experience with computer keyboard, CRT and input data
- Minimum of three (3) years’ experience in a high contact customer service position or equivalent setting with demonstrated above standard performance preferred
- Experience in dealing with multiple demands simultaneously preferred
- Experience supervising others and establishing priorities preferred
- Effective interpersonal and customer relations skills
- Knowledge of customer service strategies and tactics
- Ability with working with different people and temperaments, presenting to small groups formally and informally, and managing time is required.
- Ability to remain calm with angry or distressed patients/visitors
- Good organizational skills and basic computer knowledge
- Good telephone etiquette and ability to be frequently interrupted
Preferred Skills and Qualifications
- Previous security officer experience
- Current CA Guard Card
- Knowledge of Sharp HealthCare, Coronado, and the community is preferred.
Sharp HealthCare is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
Keywords: concierge jobs in San Diego, security officer jobs in San Diego.