Imaging Specialist IIJob ID 85265 Date posted 01/09/2018
- Facility: Sharp Coronado Hospital & Hlth
- City: Coronado
- Department: Radiology Diagnostic
- Category: Radiology Jobs
- Job Status: Full-Time
- Shift: Variable
- FTE: 1.0
- Shift Start: Variable
- Shift End Time: Variable
Position located in Coronado, CA, San Diego County
8 hour shifts; full-time position to work variable shifts; weekends as needed
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Graduate of an accredited school of Radiology Technology
- Current CA Rad Tech license (CRT)
- California State Fluoroscopy certification
- IV certification
- Current BLS certification for Healthcare Providers
- Skill to work independently with minimal supervision
- Skill to multi-task and work with changing work priorities
- Knowledge of all general CT exams
- Strong customer service, communication and problem solving skills
Preferred Skills and Qualifications
- One year experience performing CT procedures
- Bilingual English/Spanish
The Imaging Specialist II produces high quality exams in compliance with department policy, procedures and guidelines. Demonstrates commitment to providing safe, efficient, and quality care to patients. Provides pre and post procedure education to patient and family. Verifies physician orders and utilizes RIS correctly to complete all paperwork. Adheres to all Sharp Healthcare practices and policies. Complies with all regulatory requirements including licensing, certification, and other mandatory training within established timeframes. Will function as backup in Radiology Diagnostic and also perform CT exams.
The Radiology Department at Sharp Coronado Hospital is a unique work setting which uses a wide variety of modalities to service both inpatients and outpatients in the surrounding community. We have as a variety of modalities to include, MRI, CT, Ultrasound, CR/DR, Fluoro, Mammography and DEXA. We are on a PACS system. Our staff provides a collaborative and friendly patient care and work environment. We are always interested in individuals that have a variety of imaging experiences and are willing to adapt that experience by cross training into other areas.
From emergency services to a nationally recognized total joint replacement program, Sharp Coronado Hospital is a 204 bed facility that has a long tradition of providing top-quality, comprehensive health care.
Sharp Coronado incorporates many personalized aspects into its care philosophy — including patient empowerment, patient and family education, and a physical environment that promotes healing through complementary therapies such as clinical aromatherapy, massage and Healing Touch. Sharp Coronado Hospital is one of the first five hospitals nationally to be designated as a Patient-Centered Hospital by Planetree, an organization committed to personalizing, humanizing, and demystifying the hospital experience for patients and their families.
Essential Physical Requirements may include
- Twisting (trunk)
- Twisting (neck)
- Bending (waist)
- Flexing/Extending (neck)
- Fine Manipulation / Pinching
- Reaching below shoulder level
- Reaching above shoulder level
- Bed mobilization (scooting / rolling)
- Lateral transfers (bed to gurney)
- Bed to chair/wheelchair/commode transfer
- Lifting up to 25 pounds
- Push/Pull over 100 pounds
- Carrying up to 25 pounds
Additional physical requirements of position may be discussed during interview.
Sharp HealthCare is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, gender identity, transgender status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status or any other protected class.
Keywords: Imaging Specialist II, Imaging Specialist, CT Technologist, CT Tech, CT Tech jobs, CT Technologist jobs, Imaging Specialist jobs, Computerized Tomography