Manager Subacute, Sub-Acute Care, SCHHC
Job ID: 99583 Date posted: December 03, 2019
- Sharp Coronado Hospital and Hlth
- Sub-Acute Care
- Day Job
Wondering what qualities it takes to be a successful nursing professional at Sharp? View some of the traits we’re looking for below.
- Critical Thinker
The Manager is responsible for all aspects of the day-to-day operations of the Subacute Units. They will provide twenty-four (24) hours administrative authority, responsibility, and accountability for the planning, operating, staffing, coordinating of Subacute Units. Nursing to ensure the delivery of high quality, cost effective patient care. Manages overall operations of the unit with effective supervision of staff and excellent communication of workplace policies and expectations.
Sharp Coronado Hospital offers a range of long-term care options to help our patients live their lives with dignity, heal to the highest degree possible, and grow in all the ways that have meaning for them.
The Sharp Villa Coronado Skilled Nursing Facility and Sharp Coronado Sub-Acute Units provide long-term care to patients in San Diego. They have four levels of care: custodial, transitional, sub-acute and hospice. Individualized care plans are developed for each patient, and nursing care is focused on the patient’s health and social, emotional and spiritual well-being. Treatment plans are designed to help each patient achieve maximum independence and dignity.
Personalized programs and services bring comfort to patients in a homelike environment. All long-term care patients have access to clinical services including: 24-hour licensed nursing care, enteral therapy, integrative therapies including Healing Touch and aromatherapy, intravenous therapy, medication management, pain management, physician, podiatrist and dental visits. The Sharp Villa Coronado Skilled Nursing Facility has a 50-bed capacity, and the Sharp Coronado Sub-Acute Units have a 68-bed capacity.
From emergency services to a nationally recognized total joint replacement program, Sharp Coronado Hospital is a 204 bed facility that has a long tradition of providing top-quality, comprehensive health care.
Sharp Coronado incorporates many personalized aspects into its care philosophy — including patient empowerment, patient and family education, and a physical environment that promotes healing through complementary therapies such as clinical aromatherapy, massage and Healing Touch. Sharp Coronado Hospital is one of the first five hospitals nationally to be designated as a Patient-Centered Hospital by Planetree, an organization committed to personalizing, humanizing, and demystifying the hospital experience for patients and their families.
Physical Requirements of position may be discussed during interview.
Sharp HealthCare is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, gender identity, transgender status, age, sexual orientation, protected veteran status or any other protected class.
This position is located in Coronado, San Diego County.
8 hour shift, Full-time, Days, working weekends as needed
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Current unencumbered California Registered Nurse license
- Minimum 2 years of management experience
- Minimum 5 years of clinical experience in relevant area
- Expert knowledge of professional nursing practice, including current trends and issues
- Ability to communicate clearly, verbally and in writing
- Ability to supervise staff and clinical leads effectively
Preferred Skills and Qualifications
- MSN preferred
- Knowledge of OBRA and Title 22 Regulations
Medical, vision and dental
Generous time off
- Committed to excellence in all that we do
- Built to be supportive and educational — a place where employees can grow and thrive
- A positive, compassionate, friendly and team-oriented atmosphere
- Thankful for the contributions and hard work of others, and praising their accomplishments
- Committed to creating a safe environment for those we serve
- Celebrate diversity, recognizing that our unique differences create a stronger whole