OR/Sterile Processing TechnicianSend to my Email Email a friend Job ID 76905 Date posted 11/03/2016
Requisition ID: 76905
- Facility: Sharp Coronado Hospital & Hlth
- City: Coronado
- Department: Sterile Processing
- Category: Clinical Technician Jobs
- Job Status: Per Diem
- Shift: Variable
- FTE: 0.0
- Shift Start: Variable
- Shift End Time: Variable
Send to my Email Email a friend
This position is located Coronado, San Diego County.
Per Diem position: 11:00am - 7:30pm or 2:00pm - 6:30pm
Weekends as needed - On call requirement
Required Skills and Qualifications
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- One year experience in an acute care hospital, sterile processing, or surgery department. Or recent completion of an accredited program for sterile process/central supply technicians.
- Thorough knowledge of surgical instrumentation, sterile techniques, general hospital supplies and equipment
Preferred Skills and Qualifications
- Certified Sterile Processing and Distribution Technician (CSPDT)
To ensure proper maintenance and distribution of disposable supplies and durable medical equipment for patient care. This busy SPD department that supplies and services total joint cases as well as other services needs a motivated and enthusiastic team player.
1500 total joints are performed a year utilizing 3 operating rooms for a very busy ortho service line.
From emergency services to a nationally recognized total joint replacement program, Sharp Coronado Hospital is a 181 bed facility that has a long tradition of providing top-quality, comprehensive health care.
Sharp Coronado incorporates many personalized aspects into its care philosophy — including patient empowerment, patient and family education, and a physical environment that promotes healing through complementary therapies such as clinical aromatherapy, massage and Healing Touch. Sharp Coronado Hospital is one of the first five hospitals nationally to be designated as a Patient-Centered Hospital by Planetree, an organization committed to personalizing, humanizing, and demystifying the hospital experience for patients and their families.
Essential Physical Requirements May Include
- Reaching below shoulder level
- Reaching above shoulder level
Additional physical requirements of position may be discussed during interview.
Sharp HealthCare is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, gender identity, transgender status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status or any other protected class.
Keywords: OR/Sterile Processing Tech