Patient Financial Services Team Leader
Job ID: 102441 Date posted: May 21, 2020
- Sharp Coronado Hospital and Hlth
- Business Operations Jobs
- Evening Job
To provide day-to-day operational oversight and staff leadership in all aspects of patient access and patient accounting. Assume responsibility for premier service delivery to all customers and the timely release of a zero-defect billing product.
The PAS department is responsible for admissions in main admitting and ED, cashier, prebilling and PBX. The Team Leader schedules, oversees and monitors the day-to-day activities of the service area. This position provides approximately 22-25 personnel in the assigned area with training, direction, communication, and leadership for the purpose of ensuring complete, accurate, and professional overall performance as described in appropriate position descriptions.
From emergency services to a nationally recognized total joint replacement program, Sharp Coronado Hospital is a 181 bed facility that has a long tradition of providing top-quality, comprehensive health care.
Sharp Coronado incorporates many personalized aspects into its care philosophy — including patient empowerment, patient and family education, and a physical environment that promotes healing through complementary therapies such as clinical aromatherapy, massage and Healing Touch. Sharp Coronado Hospital is one of the first five hospitals nationally to be designated as a Patient-Centered Hospital by Planetree, an organization committed to personalizing, humanizing, and demystifying the hospital experience for patients and their families.
Location: this position is located in Coronado of San Diego County.
Hours: 2 pm - 1030 pm - must have ability to work some day shifts for admin and training as well as ability to work alternating weekends - Sat and Sun.
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- Minimum 3 years experience in hospital registration, accounting, and/or business services with demonstrated above-standard performance.
- Knowledge of benefits, covered services, billing,and reimbursement procedures of all payor types, as well as working knowledge of the legal aspects of collection procedures, ICD-9 codes, national revenue codes, CPT codes, UB92 billing, medical terminology, JCAHO, Title XX II, and PSDA.
- Experience and knowledge of on-line patient accounting/registration systems with emphasis on the IDX hospital system.
- Demonstrated leadership experience and/or special projects motivating a group of people.
- Knowledge of and experience with Word, Excel and Power Point.
Preferred Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelors Degree or equivalent knowledge/experience in related field.
Sharp HealthCare is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, gender, gender identity, transgender status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status or any other protected class.
“After nearly 10 years of working here, it's still one of the hardest jobs I've ever loved. If you find a niche here, you'll be working with some of the smartest in the industry. This is where they'll respect you for thinking outside the box and kindness matters. They expect consistency and hard work, but pay you well to do it.”