Per Diem RN II - Hospital, Medical Intensive Care Unit, Sharp Coronado Hospital
Job ID: 102375 Date posted: May 18, 2020
- Sharp Coronado Hospital and Hlth
- MICU (1ST)
- Day Job
- Per Diem
Wondering what qualities it takes to be a successful nursing professional at Sharp? View some of the traits we’re looking for below.
- Critical Thinker
The Per Diem II RN independently performs the nursing process through individualized assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation of safe, therapeutic, efficient care of patients with overt and subtle needs throughout the continuum of care, according to unit’s standard of care. We are looking for qualified nurses to share our vision of holistic patient care that continually moves toward excellence in all patient and staff outcomes.
The Intensive Care Unit is a 7-bed unit. The patient population includes a mixture of medical and surgical intensive care units with some outpatient procedures and after hour’s recovery duties. We are looking for excellent teamwork and customer service, consistent with our Planetree environment.
From emergency services to a nationally recognized total joint replacement program, Sharp Coronado Hospital is a 181 bed facility that has a long tradition of providing top-quality, comprehensive health care. Sharp Coronado incorporates many personalized aspects into its care philosophy — including patient empowerment, patient and family education, and a physical environment that promotes healing through complementary therapies such as clinical aromatherapy, massage and Healing Touch.
Sharp Coronado Hospital is one of the first five hospitals nationally to be designated as a Person-Centered Care Hospital by Planetree, an organization committed to personalizing, humanizing, and demystifying the hospital experience for patients and their families.
This position is located in Coronado, San Diego County
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Associates of Science Degree in Nursing
- Current unencumbered California Registered Nurse licensure
- Current BLS certification for Healthcare Providers
- Current ACLS certification for Healthcare Providers
- Three years current adult Intensive Care RN experience in an Acute Care setting
Preferred Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelors of Science Degree in Nursing
- Current CCRN certification
Medical, vision and dental
Generous time off
- Committed to excellence in all that we do
- Built to be supportive and educational — a place where employees can grow and thrive
- A positive, compassionate, friendly and team-oriented atmosphere
- Thankful for the contributions and hard work of others, and praising their accomplishments
- Committed to creating a safe environment for those we serve
- Celebrate diversity, recognizing that our unique differences create a stronger whole