Per Diem RN II - Hospital
Job ID: 102434 Date posted: May 21, 2020
- Sharp Coronado Hospital and Hlth
- Surgical Procedure Area (SPA)
- Per Diem
Wondering what qualities it takes to be a successful nursing professional at Sharp? View some of the traits we’re looking for below.
- Critical Thinker
The Per-Diem RN is an integral part of the team with the opportunity to practice evidence-based care and utilize the nursing care process in a collaborative environment. This position independently performs the nursing process through individualized assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation of safe, therapeutic, efficient care of patients with overt and subtle needs throughout the continuum of care, according to unit’s standard of care. We are looking for qualified nurses to share our vision of patient care that continually moves toward excellence in all patient and staff outcomes.
The Ambulatory Surgery Center/Endoscopy is key to the collaborative teamwork that allows SCOR peri-operative services to achieve high quality outcomes with excellent patient, physician and staff satisfaction. This fast paced unit preps inpatient and outpatient surgeries as well as assists with spinal injections, infusions (no chemo), biopsies and paracentiesis. 1500 total joints are performed a year utilizing 3 Operating Rooms for a very busy ortho service line.
Sharp Coronado Hospital is a Planetree Hospital, which is a Patient Focused Model of Care. The Ambulatory Care Center, Pre-Anesthesia Services (PAES) and Endoscopy Services work together to prepare the surgical inpatients. These departments also support the outpatient services with IV infusion and pain services.
From emergency services to a nationally recognized total joint replacement program, Sharp Coronado Hospital is a 204 bed facility that has a long tradition of providing top-quality, comprehensive health care.
Sharp Coronado incorporates many personalized aspects into its care philosophy — including patient empowerment, patient and family education, and a physical environment that promotes healing through complementary therapies such as clinical aromatherapy, massage and Healing Touch. Sharp Coronado Hospital is one of the first five hospitals nationally to be designated as a Patient-Centered Hospital by Planetree, an organization committed to personalizing, humanizing, and demystifying the hospital experience for patients and their families.
Additional physical requirements of position may be discussed during interview.
Sharp HealthCare is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, gender identity, transgender status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status or any other protected class.
Keywords: Per-Diem, Clinical Nurse-RN, Registered Nurse, SPU, ACC
This position is located in Coronado, San Diego County
Per-Diem, 8 hour variable shift
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Associates of Science Degree in Nursing
- Current unencumbered California Registered Nurse licensure
- Current BLS certification for Healthcare Providers
- Current ACLS certification
- 3 years recent experience in Ambulatory Surgery
- Proficient in computer skills isuch as: Cerner, PICIS, Excel, Word
Preferred Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelors of Science Degree in Nursing
- Three year Endoscopy experience (this position will float between SPA and Endo)
- Experience with Stage 2 recovery
Medical, vision and dental
Generous time off
- Committed to excellence in all that we do
- Built to be supportive and educational — a place where employees can grow and thrive
- A positive, compassionate, friendly and team-oriented atmosphere
- Thankful for the contributions and hard work of others, and praising their accomplishments
- Committed to creating a safe environment for those we serve
- Celebrate diversity, recognizing that our unique differences create a stronger whole