Per Diem RN II - HospitalJob ID 85744 Date posted 01/26/2018
- Facility: Sharp Coronado Hospital & Hlth
- City: Coronado
- Department: MICU (1ST)
- Category: RN Jobs
- Job Status: Per Diem
- Shift: Day Job
- FTE: 0.0
- Shift Start: 7 AM
- Shift End Time: 7:30 PM
This position is located in Coronado, San Diego County
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Associates of Science Degree in Nursing
- Current unencumbered California Registered Nurse licensure
- Current BLS certification for Healthcare Providers
- Current ACLS certification
- Three years current adult Intensive Care RN experience in an Acute Care setting
Preferred Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelors of Science Degree in Nursing
- Current CCRN certification
The Per Diem II RN independently performs the nursing process through individualized assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation of safe, therapeutic, efficient care of patients with overt and subtle needs throughout the continuum of care, according to unit’s standard of care. We are looking for qualified nurses to share our vision of holistic patient care that continually moves toward excellence in all patient and staff outcomes.
The Intensive Care Unit is a 7-bed unit. The patient population includes a mixture of medical and surgical intensive care units with some outpatient procedures and after hour’s recovery duties. We are looking for excellent teamwork and customer service, consistent with our Planetree environment.
From emergency services to a nationally recognized total joint replacement program, Sharp Coronado Hospital is a 181 bed facility that has a long tradition of providing top-quality, comprehensive health care. Sharp Coronado incorporates many personalized aspects into its care philosophy — including patient empowerment, patient and family education, and a physical environment that promotes healing through complementary therapies such as clinical aromatherapy, massage and Healing Touch.
Sharp Coronado Hospital is one of the first five hospitals nationally to be designated as a Patient-Centered Hospital by Planetree, an organization committed to personalizing, humanizing, and demystifying the hospital experience for patients and their families.
Essential Physical Requirements may include
- Twisting (trunk)
- Twisting (neck)
- Bending (waist)
- Flexing/Extending (neck)
- Fine Manipulation / Pinching
- Reaching below shoulder level
- Reaching above shoulder level
- Bed mobilization (scooting / rolling)
- Lateral transfers (bed to gurney)
- Bed to chair/wheelchair/commode transfer
- Lifting up to 50 pounds
- Push/pull over 100 pounds
- Carry up 25 pounds
Additional physical requirements of position may be discussed during interview.
Keywords: Per Diem RN II, Registered Nurse, Intensive Care, ICU