Per Diem RN III - HospitalSend to my Email Email a friend Job ID 76900 Date posted 10/25/2016
Requisition ID: 76900
- Facility: Sharp Coronado Hospital & Hlth
- City: Coronado
- Department: Sub-Acute Care
- Category: RN Jobs
- Job Status: Per Diem
- Shift: Evening Job
- FTE: 0.0
- Shift Start: 3 PM
- Shift End Time: 11:30 PM
Send to my Email Email a friend
This position is located in Coronado San Diego County.
8-hour shift, Per Diem, 3:00pm - 11:30pm, working every other weekend
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Associates of Science Degree in Nursing
- Current unencumbered California Registered Nurse licensure
- Current BLS certification for Healthcare Providers
- Minimum of three years of experience as a RN
- Knowledge of OBRA and Title 22 Regulations
- Able to develop a comprehensive plan of care for patients/families
- Use and practice the nursing process in assessment, data collection, goal setting, and evaluation of the Plan of Care
- Communicate to ensure patient/family is educated to the Plan of Care and planned treatments
- Coordinate interdisciplinary team approach in patient care
- Will be oriented to work in all long term care units: sub-acute, TCU, custodial, hospice
Preferred Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelors of Science Degree in Nursing
- One year experience as a Registered Nurse in Long Term Care
- Bilingual (English/Spanish)
Per Diem III-RN independently performs the nursing process through individualized assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation of safe, therapeutic, efficient care of patients with overt and subtle needs throughout the continuum of care, according to unit’s standard of care. We are looking for qualified nurses to share our vision of holistic patient care that continually moves toward excellence in all patient and staff outcomes.
Sharp Coronado Hospital offers a range of long-term care options to help our patients live their lives with dignity, heal to the highest degree possible, and grow in all the ways that have meaning for them.
The Sharp Villa Coronado Skilled Nursing Facility and Sharp Coronado Sub-Acute Units provide long-term care to patients in San Diego. They have four levels of care: custodial, transitional, sub-acute and hospice. Individualized care plans are developed for each patient, and nursing care is focused on the patient’s health and social, emotional and spiritual well-being. Treatment plans are designed to help each patient achieve maximum independence and dignity.
Personalized programs and services bring comfort to patients in a homelike environment. All long-term care patients have access to clinical services including: 24-hour licensed nursing care, enteral therapy, integrative therapies including Healing Touch and aromatherapy, intravenous therapy, medication management, pain management, physician, podiatrist and dental visits. The Sharp Villa Coronado Skilled Nursing Facility has a 50-bed capacity, and the Sharp Coronado Sub-Acute Units have a 68-bed capacity.
From emergency services to a nationally recognized total joint replacement program, Sharp Coronado Hospital is a 204 bed facility that has a long tradition of providing top-quality, comprehensive health care.
Sharp Coronado incorporates many personalized aspects into its care philosophy — including patient empowerment, patient and family education, and a physical environment that promotes healing through complementary therapies such as clinical aromatherapy, massage and Healing Touch. Sharp Coronado Hospital is one of the first five hospitals nationally to be designated as a Patient-Centered Hospital by Planetree, an organization committed to personalizing, humanizing, and demystifying the hospital experience for patients and their families.
Essential Physical Requirements may include
- Twisting (trunk)
- Twisting (neck)
- Bending (waist)
- Flexing/Extending (neck)
- Fine Manipulation / Pinching
- Reaching below shoulder level
- Reaching above shoulder level
- Bed mobilization (scooting / rolling)
- Lateral transfers (bed to gurney)
- Bed to chair/wheelchair/commode transfer
- Lift up to 50 pounds
- Push/Pull over 100 pounds
- Carry up to 25 pounds
Additional physical requirements of position may be discussed during interview.
Sharp HealthCare is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, gender identity, transgender status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status or any other protected class.
Keywords: Per Diem RN-III, Clinical Nurse, Registered Nurse, RN, Long Term Care, Sub-acute, Skilled Nursing, SNF, TCU, Coronado, Per Diem