Licensed Vocational Nurse - LVNSend to my Email Email a friend Job ID 77522 Date posted 12/01/2016
Requisition ID: 77522
- Facility: SRS Del Mar
- City: Del Mar
- Department: Obstetrics/Gynecology
- Category: LVN Jobs
- Job Status: Part-Time
- Shift: Day Job
- FTE: 0.5
- Shift Start: Variable
- Shift End Time: Variable
Send to my Email Email a friend
This position is located in Del Mar, North San Diego County.
Part Time position - Day shift
Monday through Friday
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Completion of a Licensed Vocational Nurse (LVN) program/school or Navy Corps School
- Current unencumbered CA Licensed Vocational licensure
- Current BLS certification for Healthcare Providers
- One to three years LVN experience in related clinical settings
- Excellent customer service skills, be flexible, detail-oriented and very organized
- Able to work independently and with other staff in an ambulatory setting
Preferred Skills and Qualifications
- OBGYN or Labor and Delivery experience
The Licensed Vocational Nurse provides nursing care for patients coming to our OBGYN Department. This position will escort patient to their room, conduct patient intake and prepare patients for their exams and procedures. This position will assist with sterilizing instruments; maintaining supplies and equipment; and documenting patient care in our electronic health record.
The Department of OB/GYN consists of 18 providers on our staff to help meet the needs of our patients and is located at 6 of our Sharp Rees-Stealy medical clinics in San Diego (Del Mar, La Mesa, Otay Ranch, San Diego, Scripps Ranch, and Sorrento Mesa).
Sharp Rees-Stealy's mission is to improve the health of its community through a caring partnership of patients, physicians and employees. Its goal is to offer quality services that set community standards and exceed expectations in a caring, convenient, affordable and accessible manner.
Sharp Rees-Stealy has been serving the health care needs of San Diegans since 1923 when doctors Clarence Rees and Clair Stealy formed San Diego's first multispecialty medical group practice. Today, Sharp Rees-Stealy has 21 locations and 450 primary care doctors and specialists representing virtually every field of medicine.
Essential Physical Requirements may include
- Twisting (trunk)
- Twisting (neck)
- Bending (waist)
- Flexing/extending (neck)
- Fine manipulation/pinching
- Reaching below shoulder level
- Reaching above shoulder level
- Bed mobilization (scooting/rolling)
- Lateral transfers (bed to gurney)
- Bed to chair/wheelchair/commode transfer
- Car transfers
- Lift up to 50 pounds
- Push/pull over 100 pounds
- Carry up to 25 pounds
Additional physical requirements of position may be discussed during interview.
Sharp HealthCare is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, gender identity, transgender status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status or any other protected class.
Keywords: LVN, Licensed Vocational Nurse, OB/GYN, Obstetrics/Gynecology, Corpsman, HealthCare, Labor, Delivery