Triage Registered Nurse - RN, OB/GYN, SRS Del Mar
Job ID: 102612 Date posted: June 02, 2020
- SRS Del Mar
- Day Job
- Per Diem
Wondering what qualities it takes to be a successful nursing professional at Sharp? View some of the traits we’re looking for below.
- Critical Thinker
Demonstrates clinical knowledge and technical expertise per the RN scope of practice with emphasis in primary care triaging. Uses well developed assessment and critical thinking skills to deliver all nursing care. Partners with physicians and other staff triaging primary care patients by phone or in clinic to provide high quality patient care. Performs other department tasks as needed. Role model and resource for other LVN and Medical Assistant staff. Serves as technical nursing expert for the assigned area.
Sharp Rees-Stealy founded in 1923 is one of the largest multi-specialty medical groups in San Diego County. The Department of Pediatrics consists of 31 providers on our staff to help meet the needs of our younger patients and is located at 6 of our Sharp Rees-Stealy medical clinics in San Diego (Genesee, La Mesa, Carmel Valley/Del Mar, Rancho Bernardo, Sorrento Mesa, and Otay Ranch).
With 400 primary and specialty care physicians providing care at 20 facilities throughout the region, Sharp Rees-Stealy Medical Group is one of the largest, most comprehensive medical groups in San Diego County, and is recognized for excellence in patient satisfaction and clinical care. For patient convenience and improved coordination of care, Sharp Rees-Stealy offers services like laboratory, radiology, physical therapy and urgent care within each clinic or nearby.
Physical requirements of position may be discussed during interview.
Sharp HealthCare is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, gender identity, transgender status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status or any other protected class.
This position will float between four (4) North County Sharp Rees-Stealy OB sites including Del Mar, Sorrento Mesa, Scripps Ranch, and Rancho Bernardo, San Diego County
8-hour shift: 8:30am-5:30pm, no weekends
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Current unencumbered CA RN license
- Current Basic Life Support (BLS) certification
- 3-5 years of RN experience in related clinical area (primary care, ambulatory care and/or emergent care experience, triage experience with pediatrics and adults)
- IV proficiency
Preferred Skills and Qualifications
- Leadership experience
- Current Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS)
- Current Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS)
- Current Neonatal Resuscitation Program (NRP)
- Advanced fetal heart monitoring experience
Medical, vision and dental
Generous time off
- Committed to excellence in all that we do
- Built to be supportive and educational — a place where employees can grow and thrive
- A positive, compassionate, friendly and team-oriented atmosphere
- Thankful for the contributions and hard work of others, and praising their accomplishments
- Committed to creating a safe environment for those we serve
- Celebrate diversity, recognizing that our unique differences create a stronger whole