Access Service Representative/Scheduler
Job ID: 107419 Date posted: January 21, 2021
- Sharp Grossmont Hospital
- Patient Access Svcs-Ancillary
- Business Operations Jobs
- Day Job
Obtains and processes patient demographic, visit, and financial information in a manner that facilitates maximum financial reimbursement and promotes premier customer service. Coordinates scheduling and bed control activities that assure appropriate
patient placement in hospital.
Key job responsibilities: Key responsibilities include taking incoming calls/ making outgoing calls based on obtained imaging orders through On-base for patients and physician's offices to schedule radiology procedures. Organizing and working orders through On-base and scheduling exams accordingly. Completing patient registration in Centricity and the exam type, time, and room in Cerner. Basic clinical knowledge assuring correct exam types and preps are communicated to patients. This is a phone center environment; it requires punctual arrival to work, ongoing and positive communication with peers, other departments, and internal and external customers. High level of excellent customer service as well as team work and responsibility to department moral, This job reports to PAS, and is located at the Brier Patch campus. This department currently schedules all Outpatient Imagining exams with an average 13,000 calls per month and 3,900 scheduled exams.
Sharp Grossmont Hospital is the largest not-for-profit, full-service acute care hospital in the region with 542 beds. The hospital has outstanding programs in heart care, orthopedics, rehabilitation, robotic surgery, mental health, stroke care and women’s health. In addition, the hospital’s Emergency and Critical Care Center is one of the most technologically advanced emergency and intensive care facilities in the nation.
Sharp Grossmont Hospital is nationally recognized as a MAGNET®-designated hospital for patient care and nursing practices. This designation is the “gold standard” for patient care and nursing excellence and is the highest honor awarded by the American Nurses Credentialing Center.
Location: this position is located in La Mesa of San Diego County
Hours: 830 - 5pm, Hours may slightly vary and on call duties are required
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- At least 2 years' experience in the medical office or business Services setting with demonstrated above-standard performance in billing, front office, scheduling, account follow-up, and at least one other area of expertise.
- Medical terminology.
- Insurances, billing and collections guidelines/criteria.
- Local, State, and Federal regulations governing registration/billing activities including JCAHO, Title XXII, Medicare and Medi-Cal regulations. ICD-9, RVS, and CPT 4 coding.
- Basic computer functions.
- Basic utilization management.
- Accurately type or on-line key 35-40 wpm.
- Organize and prioritize work activities.
- Communicate/discuss personal and financial matters with patients and/or their representatives.
- Document effectively and concisely.
- Communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Function well in demanding/stressful environments.
- High school graduate or equivalent.
Sharp HealthCare is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, gender, gender identity, transgender status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status or any other protected class.
“After nearly 10 years of working here, it's still one of the hardest jobs I've ever loved. If you find a niche here, you'll be working with some of the smartest in the industry. This is where they'll respect you for thinking outside the box and kindness matters. They expect consistency and hard work, but pay you well to do it.”