ADVANCED CLINICIAN-BU, Cardiac Services SGH
Job ID: 107511 Date posted: January 22, 2021
- Sharp Grossmont Hospital
- Cardiac Services - SGH
Wondering what qualities it takes to be a successful nursing professional at Sharp? View some of the traits we’re looking for below.
- Critical Thinker
The Advanced Clinician for the Cardiac Services department provides direct and indirect nursing services to patients and families. The Advanced Clinician will coordinate ECMO patient flow, collaborating with system and county consortium group in providing standards and prioritization of care.
The Advanced Clinician RN demonstrates advanced competencies in all areas of the unit skills. Responsibilities include serving as a role model for professional behaviors through participation in committees, demonstrating leadership skills which allow the nurse to positively influence the practice of others, provides expert direct care and integrates care with multidisciplinary team to facilitate patient access to needed resources from pre-admission to discharge, and applies knowledge, expertise and leadership to achieve outcomes for unit/department/hospital/organization/community. The Advanced Clinician assumes the responsibilities of charge nurse and preceptor for new graduates and/or new orientees to the unit. Role also includes recognizing inconsistencies in patient care and managing potential complications, demonstrating critical thinking skills and serving as a role model for professional behavior through participation in committees.
The Cardiac Services department at SGH is a dynamic, highly dedicated group, focused on evidence based practice, quality data and improving performance. Their focus is on providing the best care to patients and cultivating positive, collaborative relationships with physicians and hospital staff.
Sharp Grossmont Hospital is the largest not-for-profit, full-service acute care hospital in the region with 500+ beds. The hospital has outstanding programs in heart care, orthopedics, rehabilitation, robotic surgery, mental health, stroke care and women’s health. In addition, the hospital’s Emergency and Critical Care Center is one of the most technologically advanced emergency and intensive care facilities in the nation.
Sharp Grossmont Hospital is nationally recognized as a MAGNET®-designated hospital for patient care and nursing practices. This designation is the “gold standard” for patient care and nursing excellence and is the highest honor awarded by the American Nurses Credentialing Center.
This position is located in La Mesa, CA (San Diego County)
8-hour shift, primarily day shift, but hours may vary depending on needs of department; weekends as needed
Full-time (1.0 FTE) position
On-call requirements including weekends as needed and variable weekday call
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Graduate of nursing school
- Current unencumbered California RN license
- Current AHA BLS (Basic Life Support) for Healthcare Professional
- Current ACLS (Advanced Cardiac Life Support) certification
- 2 years recent pertinent clinical experience (ED, ICU and/or Cath Lab experience)
Preferred Skills and Qualifications
- BSN degree
- ECMO experience
- Strong ICU skills and ECMO familiarity/experience
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Strong physician relation skills
Sharp HealthCare is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
Medical, vision and dental
Generous time off
- Committed to excellence in all that we do
- Built to be supportive and educational — a place where employees can grow and thrive
- A positive, compassionate, friendly and team-oriented atmosphere
- Thankful for the contributions and hard work of others, and praising their accomplishments
- Committed to creating a safe environment for those we serve
- Celebrate diversity, recognizing that our unique differences create a stronger whole