Advanced Clinician - RN, Rapid Response Team, Sharp Grossmont Hospital
Job ID: 108199 Date posted: February 23, 2021
- Sharp Grossmont Hospital
- Rapid Response Team
- Night Job
Wondering what qualities it takes to be a successful nursing professional at Sharp? View some of the traits we’re looking for below.
- Critical Thinker
This position requires excellent communication skills as well as excellent critical thinking. The ideal candidate will bring their skill to assist patients and other nurses throughout the entire metro campus. It also requires great flexibility.
Candidate will be a highly skilled and knowledgeable RN critical thinker with excellent communication skills. This position requires an ability to be highly adaptable and collaborative. The ideal candidate will bring their expert skills and knowledge to assist an RN manage their patient in a variety of clinical situations throughout SGH. The role also requires great flexibility.
The candidate will have a minimum of 2 years current Critical Care or ED experience, have obtained their CCRN or CEN and enjoy the autonomy to practice in a variety of clinical settings throughout the hospital. As the Rapid Response RN, you will be responsible for rounding on high-risk patients, responding to various alerts and codes, implementing emergency standing orders as well as providing support to RN colleagues. You will evaluate and assist in transferring patients to Critical Care as needed. Communication skills are paramount, as you will be interacting with nurses, providers, patients and families in all departments while coordinating patient care.
This position will be in the Rapid Response Department with some hours in the department of your specialty. Must be engaged, self-motivated, independent and possess excellent communication and critical thinking skills.
Sharp Grossmont Hospital is the largest not-for-profit, full-service acute care hospital in the region with 536 beds. The hospital has outstanding programs in heart care, orthopedics, rehabilitation, robotic surgery, mental health, stroke care and women’s health. In addition, the hospital’s Emergency and Critical Care Center is one of the most technologically advanced emergency and intensive care facilities in the nation.
Sharp Grossmont Hospital is nationally recognized as a MAGNET®-designated hospital for patient care and nursing practices. This designation is the “gold standard” for patient care and nursing excellence and is the highest honor awarded by the American Nurses Credentialing Center. Sharp Grossmont Hospital is also designated as a Person-Centered Care Hospital by Planetree, an organization committed to personalizing, humanizing, and demystifying the hospital experience for patients and their families.
Applicant may be eligible for Relocation Reimbursement up to $2500
Sharp employees are eligible for a $1000 employee referral bonus
- Associates of Science Degree in Nursing
- Current unencumbered California Registered Nurse licensure
- Current BLS certification for Healthcare Providers
- Current ACLS certification for Healthcare Providers
- Two years adult current Critical Care or ED Clinical Nurse experience in an Acute Care setting
- Bachelors of Science Degree in Nursing
- Current CCRN certification
- Current CEN certification
Current NIHSS Certification
Medical, vision and dental
Generous time off
- Committed to excellence in all that we do
- Built to be supportive and educational — a place where employees can grow and thrive
- A positive, compassionate, friendly and team-oriented atmosphere
- Thankful for the contributions and hard work of others, and praising their accomplishments
- Committed to creating a safe environment for those we serve
- Celebrate diversity, recognizing that our unique differences create a stronger whole