Advanced Clinician - RNJob ID 79303 Date posted 10/03/2017
- Facility: Sharp Grossmont Hospital
- City: La Mesa
- Department: OP Surgery Center
- Category: RN Jobs
- Job Status: Full-Time
- Shift: Day Job
- FTE: 1.0
- Shift Start: Variable
- Shift End Time: Variable
This position is located in La Mesa, San Diego County
Full-Time; 8 hour variable day shift; 8:00am-4:30pm
- Graduate of accredited nursing program
- Bachelors of Science Degree in Nursing
- Current unencumbered California Registered Nurse licensure
- Current ACLS and BCLS certifications
- Recent Clinical Nurse OR experience in an Outpatient Surgery setting
- Ability to perform in a fast-paced, multi-specialty surgery department
- Strong customer service and interpersonal skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to mentor and teach clinical staff
- Basic computer knowledge
- Masters of Science Degree in Nursing
Identified as a clinical expert, serving as a clinical resource. The Advanced Clinician will contribute to the professional development and education of other staff members. Generates ideas and contributes to departmental problem solving and decision making. Will be asked to assist and present special projects, including performance improvement projects and or nursing research projects. Will also be expected to assess staff educational needs.
This Advanced Clinician position is for a fast paced high volume, multi-specialty Outpatient Surgery Center. The Advanced Clinician transfers knowledge and mentors others to improve clinical practice as well as applies the knowledge, expertise and leadership to achieve outcomes for the department, hospital, organization and community.
The Grossmont Plaza Surgery Center is a free standing outpatient surgery center at Sharp Grossmont Hospital. With its' 6 Surgery Suites. The Surgery Center provides perioperative care for all outpatient procedures.
Sharp Grossmont Hospital is the largest not-for-profit, full-service acute care hospital in the region with 536 beds. The hospital has outstanding programs in heart care, orthopedics, rehabilitation, robotic surgery, mental health, stroke care and women’s health. In addition, the hospital’s Emergency and Critical Care Center is one of the most technologically advanced emergency and intensive care facilities in the nation.
Sharp Grossmont Hospital is nationally recognized as a MAGNET®-designated hospital for patient care and nursing practices. This designation is the “gold standard” for patient care and nursing excellence and is the highest honor awarded by the American Nurses Credentialing Center.
Essential Physical Requirements May Include
- Twisting (trunk)
- Twisting (neck)
- Bending (waist)
- Flexing/extending (neck)
- Fine manipulation/pinching
- Reaching below shoulder level
- Reaching above shoulder level
- Bed mobilization (scooting/rolling)
- Lateral transfers (bed to gurney)
- Bed to chair/wheelchair/commode transfer
- Lift up to 50 pounds
- Push/pull over 100 pounds
- Carry up to 25 pounds
Additional physical requirements of position may be discussed during interview.
Sharp HealthCare is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, gender identity, transgender status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status or any other protected class.
Keywords: Advanced Clinician, OR, Outpatient Surgery, Charged nurse