ALS Nurse - RN
Job ID: 106039 Date posted: November 11, 2020
- Sharp Grossmont Hospital
- Night Job
Wondering what qualities it takes to be a successful nursing professional at Sharp? View some of the traits we’re looking for below.
- Critical Thinker
The Advanced Life Support (ALS) RN is recognized as a leader of bedside nursing care in the NICU who provides high quality care to improve outcomes for NICU patients and their families by promoting clinical excellence and improving patients' quality of life. Job responsibilities include, but are not limited to: Supports a collaborative practice culture with emphasis on safety, patient-centered care, communication, accountability, shared decision making, nursing education, and evidence-based practice while recognizing the value and meaning of nursing’s contribution within an interdisciplinary model.
Sharp HealthCare is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
***Qualified candidates may be eligible for a sign-on bonus of up to $5,000***
This position is located in La Mesa, San Diego County.
- Associate's Degree in Nursing
- Current unencumbered California Registered Nurse Licensure
- Current BLS certification for Healthcare Providers
- Current NRP certification
- PICC Line Certified
- Two years of Level III NICU experience
- Experience in stabilizing and transporting sick neonates
- Experience in PICC line, Peripheral Arterial Line, UAC, UVC, chest tubes, and resuscitation
- Strong leadership experience such as a charge or shift nurse
- Bachelors of Science Degree in Nursing
- RNC certified in NICU
- ALS training & current clinical competency of ALS skills
Medical, vision and dental
Generous time off
- Committed to excellence in all that we do
- Built to be supportive and educational — a place where employees can grow and thrive
- A positive, compassionate, friendly and team-oriented atmosphere
- Thankful for the contributions and hard work of others, and praising their accomplishments
- Committed to creating a safe environment for those we serve
- Celebrate diversity, recognizing that our unique differences create a stronger whole