Cardiovascular Technologist IISend to my Email Email a friend Job ID 75989 Date posted 09/14/2016
Requisition ID: 75989
- Facility: Sharp Grossmont Hospital
- City: La Mesa
- Department: Surgery
- Category: Cardiology Jobs
- Job Status: Per Diem
- Shift: Variable
- FTE: 0.0
- Shift Start: Variable
- Shift End Time: Variable
Send to my Email Email a friend
This position is located in La Mesa, CA San Diego County
8 hour shifts; per diem position to work variable shifts/hours; weekends as needed; call and 30 minute response time are required
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Graduate of an Accredited Invasive Cardiovascular Technologist (CVT) Program
- Current RCIS (Registered Cardiovascular Invasive Specialist
- Current BLS certification for Healthcare Providers
- Current ACLS certification
- Experience/knowledge scrubbing, circulating and monitoring
- Must demonstrate a professional attitude, good interpersonal skills and skill to work in team environment
Preferred Skills and Qualifications
- Two or more years of recent Cardiovascular Technologist (CVT) experience
- Bilingual (English/Spanish or Arabic)
The Cardiovascular Technologist II (CVT) is responsible for the role of scrub in the Endovascular Suite in the Operating room. Will assist the physician with all aspects of diagnostic and interventional procedures including use of Angiojet, Impella, EKOS and IVUS. This role requires proficiency as a scrub tech and observing/maintaining strict sterile technique. The Endovascular Suite staff works as a team and the ideal candidate possesses great interpersonal communication skills representative of highly functioning teams.
The Endovascular Suite is part ofthe Surgery service at Sharp Grossmont Hospital which has 12-OR suites and performs all inpatient surgical specialties including Open Heart and Robotic Surgery. It’s Total Joint Replacement program is nationally recognized. Join our highly skilled and efficient team with the challenge of a fast paced surgical department.
Sharp Grossmont Hospital is the largest not-for-profit, full-service acute care hospital in the region with 542 beds. The hospital has outstanding programs in heart care, orthopedics, rehabilitation, robotic surgery, mental health, stroke care and women’s health. In addition, the hospital’s Emergency and Critical Care Center is one of the most technologically advanced emergency and intensive care facilities in the nation.
Sharp Grossmont Hospital is nationally recognized as a MAGNET®-designated hospital for patient care and nursing practices. This designation is the “gold standard” for patient care and nursing excellence and is the highest honor awarded by the American Nurses Credentialing Center.
Essential Physical Requirements may include
- Twisting (trunk)
- Twisting (neck)
- Bending (waist)
- Flexing/Extending (neck)
- Fine Manipulation / Pinching
- Reaching below shoulder level
- Reaching above shoulder level
- Bed mobilization (scooting / rolling)
- Lateral transfers (bed to gurney)
- Lifting up to 50 pounds
- Push/Pull over 100 pounds
Additional physical requirements of position may be discussed during interview.
Sharp HealthCare is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, gender identity, transgender status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status or any other protected class.
Keywords: CVT, CVT II, Cardiovascular Technologist II, Cardiovascular Technologist, Cardiovascular Tech, CV Tech