Care Coordinator - Admission/DischargeSend to my Email Email a friend Job ID 77317 Date posted 11/17/2016
Requisition ID: 77317
- Facility: Sharp Grossmont Hospital
- City: La Mesa
- Department: Case Management
- Category: LVN Jobs
- Job Status: Full-Time
- Shift: Day Job
- FTE: 1.0
- Shift Start: 8 AM
- Shift End Time: 4:30 PM
Send to my Email Email a friend
This position is located in La Mesa, San Diego County
8:00am - 4:30pm - Weekends as needed
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Completion of an accredited Licensed Vocational Nurse (LVN) program or Navy Corpsman School
- Current unencumbered California Licensed Vocational Nursing licensure
- Two years clinical experience
- Knowledge of medical terminology
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong organizational skills – able to work in a fast paced environment
- Electronic Medical Record experience
Preferred Skills and Qualifications
- Case management, utilization review, disease management or discharge planning experience
- Acute care or Sub-Acute care experience
The positions will assists and works with the Case Management team to collect data, implement and execute discharge and transition of care plans specific to the patient and in collaboration with the physician, family, caregiver, payer and RN Case Managers.
Additional responsibilities of this role include
- Collecting patient information during admission that will be used for creation of a discharge transition of care plan
- Assisting with the implementation of the discharge transition of care plan and interactions with the payer to assure needed services are approved and or authorized by the patient’s insurer
- Scheduling physician appointments as needed for safe discharge planning and readmission reduction and avoidance
- Identifying patient/family/caregiver needs related to education regarding the patients discharge plan and coveys those needs to the RN Case Manager
- Assisting the patient or family caregiver in making informed choices about their continuing care needs including providing choice lists and documenting preferences in the EMR
The Care Coordination-Admission/Discharge position is with the Case Management department. Sharp Grossmont Hospital utilizes a Case Management Model that is Physician-centric, patient focused service that coordinates, facilitates and advocates for the effective and cost effective delivery of high quality patient care. The Utilization Review department at Sharp Grossmont Hospital is comprised of 40+ employees including RN Case Managers, Social Workers, and LVN Care Coordinators. The team provides a variety of support services to each patient and family to ensure a successful discharge from the hospital.
Sharp Grossmont Hospital is the largest not-for-profit, full-service acute care hospital in the region with 500+ beds. The hospital has outstanding programs in heart care, orthopedics, rehabilitation, robotic surgery, mental health, stroke care and women’s health. In addition, the hospital’s Emergency and Critical Care Center is one of the most technologically advanced emergency and intensive care facilities in the nation.
Sharp Grossmont Hospital is nationally recognized as a MAGNET®-designated hospital for patient care and nursing practices. This designation is the “gold standard” for patient care and nursing excellence and is the highest honor awarded by the American Nurses Credentialing Center.
Essential Physical Requirements of this position may be discussed at the time of interview
Sharp HealthCare is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, gender identity, transgender status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status or any other protected class.
Keywords: LVN, Licensed Vocational Nurse, Case Manager, Care Coordinator, Discharge, Utilization, Management, Healthcare