Care Transition Coach-RN-BU, Sharp Grossmont Hospital
Job ID: 97445 Date posted: August 30, 2019
- Sharp Grossmont Hospital
- Case Management
- Day Job
Wondering what qualities it takes to be a successful nursing professional at Sharp? View some of the traits we’re looking for below.
- Critical Thinker
The Care Transition Coach- RN is a licensed Registered Nurse who empowers the patient and/or family/caregiver to play an active and informed role in their health care. The Care Transition Coach – RN helps the patient to become good at and comfortable with, managing their care after hospital discharge. The Care Transition Coach provides guidance to the patient for effective care transitions after hospital discharge, improving self-management skills and enhancing patient-provider communication. Facilitating interdisciplinary collaboration and care continuity across care settings is also a role of this position. The Care Transition Coach – RN does not provide direct patient care or treatment.
Sharp Grossmont Hospital is the largest not-for-profit, full-service acute care hospital in the region with 500+ beds. The hospital has outstanding programs in heart care, orthopedics, rehabilitation, robotic surgery, mental health, stroke care and women’s health. In addition, the hospital’s Emergency and Critical Care Center is one of the most technologically advanced emergency and intensive care facilities in the nation.
Sharp Grossmont Hospital is nationally recognized as a MAGNET®-designated hospital for patient care and nursing practices. This designation is the “gold standard” for patient care and nursing excellence and is the highest honor awarded by the American Nurses Credentialing Center.
This position is located in La Mesa, CA (San Diego County).
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Associate or Bachelors of Science Degree in Nursing
- Current unencumbered California Registered Nurse license
- Current BLS certification for Healthcare Providers
- Valid CA driver license and proof of insurance
- Must be able to travel throughout San Diego County
- Five years clinical/nursing experience
- Minimum of two years’ experience as a program manager/coordinator and/or case manager which includes developing a program from concept to implementation to evaluation
Preferred Skills and Qualifications
- BSN degree
- Certification in Care Transitions Intervention (CTI) Coaching (required within 60 days of obtaining position)
- Experience with discharge planning, home care or similar acute-to-post-acute transitions role
- Experience working with patients with chronic or debilitating health conditions requiring hospitalization (e.g., CHF, Diabetes, COPD, Pneumonia, AMI) strongly preferred
- Bilingual (English/Spanish or English/Arabic) strongly preferred
Essential Physical Requirements of the position may be discussed during interview.
Sharp HealthCare is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
Medical, vision and dental
Generous time off
- Committed to excellence in all that we do
- Built to be supportive and educational — a place where employees can grow and thrive
- A positive, compassionate, friendly and team-oriented atmosphere
- Thankful for the contributions and hard work of others, and praising their accomplishments
- Committed to creating a safe environment for those we serve
- Celebrate diversity, recognizing that our unique differences create a stronger whole