Case Management Resource SpecialistSend to my Email Email a friend Job ID 75786 Date posted 09/07/2016
Requisition ID: 75786
- Facility: Sharp Grossmont Hospital
- City: La Mesa
- Department: Case Management
- Category: RN Jobs
- Job Status: Full-Time
- Shift: Day Job
- FTE: 1.0
- Shift Start: 8 AM
- Shift End Time: 4:30 PM
Send to my Email Email a friend
This position is located in La Mesa, CA (San Diego County)
8-hour day shift, 8:00 am - 4:30 pm; weekends as needed
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Current unencumbered California Registered Nurse license
- BSN or equivalent degree
- Three years of clinical nursing (acute care) experience
- Three years UM or Discharge Planning Experience
- Advanced PC, data management and analysis skills
- Understanding and knowledge of payer eligibility and reimbursement regulations and impact on the continuum of care
- Knowledge of use of community resources to coordinate safe discharges from acute care and the ED settings
- Excellent interpersonal skills, as demonstrated by the ability to work effectively with individuals and/or teams, and across disciplines
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills, as demonstrated in oral and written forms
- Able to work in a collaborative partnership model with Social Workers and other members of the interdisciplinary team, both internal and external
- Organizational and time management skills as evidenced by capacity to prioritize multiple tasks
- Able to teach and orient new staff, be a mentor and have the ability to lead a team
Preferred Skills and Qualifications
- Master’s prepared RN
- CM Certification - such as Accredited Case Manager (ACM) or Certified Case Manager (CCM)
- Experience with InterQual and/or MCG and Allscripts Care Management
- Experience in the practice of facilitation and teaching adults
The Case Management Resource Specialist will report to the Facility Case Management Supervisor. The CM Resource Specialist has responsibility for the day-to-day operational success of the team and is responsible for the quality of services and productivity of the team for which he/she is assigned. He/she will be expected to mentor staff, and provide and arrange for orientation of new staff as necessary, implement processes and share accountability with the team to assure departmental goals are met. The CM Resource Specialist RN will be expected to carry a partial workload and be able to balance both workload and leadership responsibilities.
The CM Resource Specialist is considered the subject matter expert in his/her field and will be looked upon to share and demonstrate that knowledge base. He/she may be called upon from time to time for work on committees or to provide training in his or her area of expertise. The CM Resource Specialist will have all of the attributes of the Case Manager II in that he/she assesses, develops, implements, coordinates and monitors a comprehensive plan of care for each patient/family in collaboration with the physician, social worker and all members of the interdisciplinary team in the inpatient and emergency department patient care areas. This position requires the ability to combine clinical/quality considerations with regulatory/financial/utilization review demands to assure patients are receiving care in the appropriate setting and level of care. The position creates a balance between individual clinical needs with the efficient and cost effective utilization of resources while promoting quality outcomes.
The CM Resource Specialist RN is part of the Case Management department at Sharp Grossmont Hospital (SGH). Sharp Grossmont Hospital utilizes a Case Management Model that is Physician-centric, patient focused service that coordinates, facilitates and advocates for the effective and cost effective delivery of high quality patient care. The Case Management department at Sharp Grossmont Hospital is comprised of 40+ employees including RN Case Managers, Social Workers, and Coordinators. The team provides a variety of support services to each patient and family to ensure a successful discharge from the hospital.
Sharp Grossmont Hospital is the largest not-for-profit, full-service acute care hospital in the region with 500+ beds. The hospital has outstanding programs in heart care, orthopedics, rehabilitation, robotic surgery, mental health, stroke care and women’s health. In addition, the hospital’s Emergency and Critical Care Center is one of the most technologically advanced emergency and intensive care facilities in the nation.
Sharp Grossmont Hospital is nationally recognized as a MAGNET®-designated hospital for patient care and nursing practices. This designation is the “gold standard” for patient care and nursing excellence and is the highest honor awarded by the American Nurses Credentialing Center.
Essential Physical Requirements May Include
- Lift up to 10 pounds
- Push/pull up to 25 pounds
- Carry up to 10 pounds
Additional physical requirements of position may be discussed during interview.
Sharp HealthCare is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, gender identity, transgender status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status or any other protected class.
Keyword: 75786, 71041, Case Management Resource Specialist, RN, Registered Nurse, Case Manager, RN Case Management, Utilization Review, ACM, CCM, Nursing Job, Specialty Nurse