Case Manager I, SGH
Job ID: 95571 Date posted: May 08, 2019
- Sharp Grossmont Hospital
- Case Management
- Day Job
Wondering what qualities it takes to be a successful nursing professional at Sharp? View some of the traits we’re looking for below.
- Critical Thinker
The RN Case Manager I assesses, develops, implements, coordinates and monitors a comprehensive plan of care for each patient/family in collaboration with the physician, social worker and all members of the interdisciplinary team in the inpatient and emergency department patient care areas. This position requires the ability to combine clinical/quality considerations with regulatory/financial/utilization review demands to assure patients are receiving care in the appropriate setting and level of care. The position creates a balance between individual clinical needs with the efficient and cost effective utilization of resources while promoting quality outcomes.
This Case Manager I position is with the Case Management department. Sharp Grossmont Hospital utilizes a Case Management Model that is Physician-centric, patient focused service that coordinates, facilitates and advocates for the effective and cost effective delivery of high quality patient care. The Case Management department at Sharp Grossmont Hospital is comprised of 40+ employees including RN Case Managers, Social Workers, and Coordinators. The team provides a variety of support services to each patient and family to ensure a successful discharge from the hospital.
Sharp Grossmont Hospital is the largest not-for-profit, full-service acute care hospital in the region with 500+ beds. The hospital has outstanding programs in heart care, orthopedics, rehabilitation, robotic surgery, mental health, stroke care and women’s health. In addition, the hospital’s Emergency and Critical Care Center is one of the most technologically advanced emergency and intensive care facilities in the nation.
Sharp Grossmont Hospital is nationally recognized as a MAGNET®-designated hospital for patient care and nursing practices. This designation is the “gold standard” for patient care and nursing excellence and is the highest honor awarded by the American Nurses Credentialing Center.
This position is located in La Mesa, CA (San Diego County)
Full-time; Day shift; 8 hour shift 0800 – 1630; one weekend per month
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Current unencumbered California RN license
- 3 years of recent acute care nursing experience or case management experience
- Computer, data management and analysis skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills, as demonstrated by the ability to work with individuals and/or teams, and across disciplines
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills as demonstrated in oral and written forms
- Ability to work in a collaborative partnership model with Social Workers and other members of the interdisciplinary team, both internal and external
- Organizational and time management skills, as evidenced by the capacity to prioritize multiple tasks
Preferred Skills and Qualifications
- BSN or equivalent degree
- Certified Case Manager (CCM)
- Experience with InterQual and/or MCG and Allscripts
Essential Physical Requirements of the position may be discussed during interview.
Sharp HealthCare is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
Medical, vision and dental
Generous time off
- Committed to excellence in all that we do
- Built to be supportive and educational — a place where employees can grow and thrive
- A positive, compassionate, friendly and team-oriented atmosphere
- Thankful for the contributions and hard work of others, and praising their accomplishments
- Committed to creating a safe environment for those we serve
- Celebrate diversity, recognizing that our unique differences create a stronger whole