Case Manager I (Transition Planner), Sharp Grossmont Hospital
Job ID: 109205 Date posted: April 19, 2021
- Sharp Grossmont Hospital
- Case Management
- Day Job
Wondering what qualities it takes to be a successful nursing professional at Sharp? View some of the traits we’re looking for below.
- Critical Thinker
The RN Case Manager I (Transition Planner) assesses, develops, implements, coordinates and monitors a comprehensive plan of care for each patient/family in collaboration with the physician, social worker and all members of the interdisciplinary team in the inpatient patient care areas. This position requires the ability to combine clinical/quality considerations with regulatory/financial/utilization review demands to assure patients are receiving care in the appropriate setting and level of care. The position creates a balance between individual clinical needs with the efficient and cost effective utilization of resources while promoting quality outcomes.
The Case Manager I is part of the Integrated Care Management department. The ICM department at Sharp Grossmont Hospital is comprised of 70+ employees, including RN/Social Work Transition Planners, Utilization Review nurses, as well as non-clinical resource care coordinators. The department operates as a cohesive, high functioning team working together to provide resources, ensure safe and sustainable care transitions, and promote continued wellness in this diverse community.
Sharp Grossmont Hospital is the largest not-for-profit, full-service acute care hospital in the region with 500+ beds. The hospital has outstanding programs in heart care, orthopedics, rehabilitation, robotic surgery, mental health, stroke care and women’s health. In addition, the hospital’s Emergency and Critical Care Center is one of the most technologically advanced emergency and intensive care facilities in the nation.
Sharp Grossmont Hospital is nationally recognized as a MAGNET®-designated hospital for patient care and nursing practices. This designation is the “gold standard” for patient care and nursing excellence and is the highest honor awarded by the American Nurses Credentialing Center.
This position is located in La Mesa, CA (San Diego County)
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Current unencumbered California RN license
- 3 years of recent acute care nursing experience or case management experience
- Computer, data management and analysis skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills, as demonstrated by the ability to work with individuals and/or teams, and across disciplines
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills as demonstrated in oral and written forms
- Ability to work in a collaborative partnership model with Social Workers and other members of the interdisciplinary team, both internal and external
- Organizational and time management skills, as evidenced by the capacity to prioritize multiple tasks
Preferred Skills and Qualifications
- BSN or equivalent degree
- Certified Case Manager (CCM)
- Experience with InterQual and/or MCG and Allscripts
Medical, vision and dental
Generous time off
- Committed to excellence in all that we do
- Built to be supportive and educational — a place where employees can grow and thrive
- A positive, compassionate, friendly and team-oriented atmosphere
- Thankful for the contributions and hard work of others, and praising their accomplishments
- Committed to creating a safe environment for those we serve
- Celebrate diversity, recognizing that our unique differences create a stronger whole