Case Manager II (Transition Planning)/Case Management/ Sharp Grossmont Hospital/ Day Shift/ Full-time
- Grossmont Hospital
Shift Start Time:8 AM
Shift End Time:4:30 PM
Additional Shift Information:
Weekend Requirements:As Needed
What You Will Do
The RN CM II assesses, develops, implements, coordinates and monitors a comprehensive plan of care for each patient/family in collaboration with the physician, social worker and all members of the interdisciplinary team in the inpatient and emergency department patient care areas. This position requires the ability to combine clinical/quality considerations with regulatory/financial/utilization review demands to assure patients are receiving care in the appropriate setting and level of care. The position creates a balance between individual clinical needs with the efficient and cost effective utilization of resources while promoting quality outcomes.
In additional to having a clinical background, the best candidate for this position is energetic, positive, proactive, and has skills in critical thinking, communication, teamwork and collaboration.
The Case Manager II is part of the Integrated Care Management (ICM) department The ICM department at Sharp Grossmont Hospital is comprised of 70+ employees, including RN/Social Work Transition Planners, Utilization Review nurses, as well as non-clinical resource care coordinators. The department operates as a cohesive, high functioning team working together to provide resources, ensure safe and sustainable care transitions, and promote continued wellness in this diverse community.
- Bachelor's Degree in Nursing or equivalent degree.
- 2 Years Recent pertinent clinical experience as defined by the CBA.
- 3 Years Acute care nursing experience or case management experience.
- 3 Years Case management, utilization review, care coordination experience.
- California Registered Nurse (RN) - CA Board of Registered Nursing
- Master's Degree
- Certified Case Manager (CCM) - Commission for Case Manager Certification -
Other Qualification Requirements
- CM certification such as ACM or CCM is an asset.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Advanced PC, data management and analysis skills required (experience with InterQual, and or MCG and Allscripts Care Management an asset).
- An understanding and knowledge of payer eligibility and reimbursement regulations and impact on the continuum of care.
- Knowledge of use of community resources to coordinate safe discharges from acute care and the ED settings.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, as demonstrated by the ability to work effectively with individuals and or teams, and across disciplines.
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills as demonstrated in oral and written forms.
- Ability to work in a collaborative partnership model with Social Workers and other members of the interdisciplinary team, both internal and external. Organizational and time management skills, as evidence by capacity to prioritize multiple tasks.
- Ability to mentor and lead a team.
Sharp HealthCare is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability or any other protected classCertified Case Manager (CCM) - Commission for Case Manager Certification; California Registered Nurse (RN) - CA Board of Registered Nursing; Master's Degree; Bachelor's Degree in Nursing
Want to know when new jobs are posted? Sign up for job alerts.
Set your parameters to automatically receive alerts when we post new jobs that fit your skills, interests and experience.
"After nearly 10 years of working here, it's still one of the hardest jobs I've ever loved. If you find a niche here, you'll be working with some of the smartest in the industry. This is where they'll respect you for thinking outside the box and kindness matters. They expect consistency and hard work, but pay you well to do it."
We are Sharp
Stay connected and join the career interest community
Want to stay informed about career opportunities and life at Sharp? Join our career interest community and receive information that matters to you.Join the community