Case Manager II
Job ID: 95726 Date posted: May 21, 2019
- Sharp Grossmont Hospital
- Case Management
- Day Job
Wondering what qualities it takes to be a successful nursing professional at Sharp? View some of the traits we’re looking for below.
- Critical Thinker
The RN Case Manager II assesses, develops, implements, coordinates and monitors a comprehensive plan of care for each patient/family in collaboration with the physician, social worker and all members of the interdisciplinary team in the inpatient and emergency department patient care areas. This position requires the ability to combine clinical/quality considerations with regulatory/financial/utilization review demands to assure patients are receiving care in the appropriate setting and level of care. The position creates a balance between individual clinical needs with the efficient and cost effective utilization of resources while promoting quality outcomes.
In additional to having a clinical background, the best candidate for this position is energetic, positive, proactive, and has skills in critical thinking, communication, teamwork and collaboration.
This Case Manager II position is part of the Case Management and Social Work Department which consists of a tight-knit group of RN’s, LVN’s, Social Workers and non-clinical support staff that helps support the patient’s transition back to the community and the utilization of their health plan benefits appropriately. The department works to provide resources to promote safe discharges and continued wellness in this diverse community.
Sharp Grossmont Hospital is the largest not-for-profit, full-service acute care hospital in the region with 500+ beds. The hospital has outstanding programs in heart care, orthopedics, rehabilitation, robotic surgery, mental health, stroke care and women’s health. In addition, the hospital’s Emergency and Critical Care Center is one of the most technologically advanced emergency and intensive care facilities in the nation.
Sharp Grossmont Hospital is nationally recognized as a MAGNET®-designated hospital for patient care and nursing practices. This designation is the “gold standard” for patient care and nursing excellence and is the highest honor awarded by the American Nurses Credentialing Center.
Employee Referral Bonus of $1,000 for eligible Sharp employees
This position is located in La Mesa, CA (San Diego County)
- Current unencumbered California Registered Nurse license
- BSN or equivalent degree
- Three years of recent acute care nursing experience or case management experience
- Three years of recent case management, utilization review, care coordination experience
- Advanced PC, data management and analysis skills
- Understanding and knowledge of payer eligibility and reimbursement regulations and impact on the continuum of care
- Knowledge of use of community resources to coordinate safe discharges from acute care and the ED settings
- Excellent interpersonal skills, as demonstrated by the ability to work effectively with individuals and/or teams, and across disciplines
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills, as demonstrated in oral and written forms
- Ability to work in a collaborative partnership model with Social Workers and other members of the interdisciplinary team, both internal and external
- Organizational and time management skills as evidenced by capacity to prioritize multiple tasks
- Ability to mentor and lead a team
- Master’s prepared RN
- CM Certification - such as Accredited Case Manager (ACM) or Certified Case Manager (CCM)
- Experience with InterQual and/or MCG and Allscripts
Essential Physical Requirements of the position may be discussed during interview.
Sharp HealthCare is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
Medical, vision and dental
Generous time off
- Committed to excellence in all that we do
- Built to be supportive and educational — a place where employees can grow and thrive
- A positive, compassionate, friendly and team-oriented atmosphere
- Thankful for the contributions and hard work of others, and praising their accomplishments
- Committed to creating a safe environment for those we serve
- Celebrate diversity, recognizing that our unique differences create a stronger whole