Case Manager Per Diem IIJob ID 84763 Date posted 12/08/2017
- Facility: Sharp Grossmont Hospital
- City: La Mesa
- Department: Case Management
- Category: Case Manager Jobs
- Job Status: Per Diem
- Shift: Variable
- FTE: 0.0
- Shift Start: Variable
- Shift End Time: Variable
This position is located in La Mesa, CA (San Diego County)
8-hour variable shift; weekends - every 4th weekend
Per Diem commitment: Six 8-hour shifts per 4 week schedule and 2 weekend shifts per 4 week schedule. Also one Major Holiday and one Minor Holiday.
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Current unencumbered California Registered Nurse license
- 3 years of recent acute care nursing experience or case management experience
- PC, data management and analysis skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills, as demonstrated by the ability to work effectively with individuals and/or teams, and across disciplines
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills, as demonstrated in oral and written forms
- Ability to work in a collaborative partnership model with Social Workers and other members of the interdisciplinary team, both internal and external
- Organizational and time management skills as evidenced by capacity to prioritize multiple tasks
Preferred Skills and Qualifications
- BSN or equivalent degree strongly preferred
- 3-5 years Case Management experience strongly desired
- Experience with InterQual and/or MCG and Allscripts
- Certified Case Manager (CCM)
The Case Manager II Per Diem position assesses, develops, implements, coordinates and monitors a comprehensive plan of care for each patient/family in collaboration with the physician, social worker and all members of the interdisciplinary team in the inpatient and emergency department patient care areas. This position requires the ability to combine clinical/quality considerations with regulatory/financial/utilization review demands to assure patients are receiving care in the appropriate setting and level of care. The position creates a balance between individual clinical needs with the efficient and cost effective utilization of resources while promoting quality outcomes.
This Case Manager II Per Diem position is with the Case Management department. Sharp Grossmont Hospital utilizes a Case Management Model that is Physician-centric, patient focused service that coordinates, facilitates and advocates for the effective and cost effective delivery of high quality patient care. The Case Management department at Sharp Grossmont Hospital is comprised of 40+ employees including RN Case Managers, Social Workers, and Coordinators. The team provides a variety of support services to each patient and family to ensure a successful discharge from the hospital.
Sharp Grossmont Hospital is the largest not-for-profit, full-service acute care hospital in the region with 500+ beds. The hospital has outstanding programs in heart care, orthopedics, rehabilitation, robotic surgery, mental health, stroke care and women’s health. In addition, the hospital’s Emergency and Critical Care Center is one of the most technologically advanced emergency and intensive care facilities in the nation.
Sharp Grossmont Hospital is nationally recognized as a MAGNET®-designated hospital for patient care and nursing practices. This designation is the “gold standard” for patient care and nursing excellence and is the highest honor awarded by the American Nurses Credentialing Center.
Essential Physical Requirements may include:
- Lifting up to 10 pounds
- Pushing/pulling up to 25 pounds
- Carrying up to 10 pounds
Additional physical requirements of position may be discussed during interview.
Sharp HealthCare is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, gender identity, transgender status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status or any other protected class.
Keywords: 84763, 83876, Per Diem II, PD II, Case Manager I, RN, Utilization Review, UR, RN Case Management, Utilization Management, UM, Nursing Jobs, La Mesa, San Diego, Grossmont