Certified Nursing Assistant - CNA
Job ID: 106676 Date posted: December 21, 2020
- Sharp Grossmont Hospital
- CNA Jobs
Collaborates with the Interdisciplinary Team (IDT) in the delivery of quality patient / resident care under the direction of a licensed nurse. Delivers care with consideration to age specific needs / care. Contributes to the overall unit functions.
Sharp Grossmont Hospital is the largest not-for-profit, full-service acute care hospital in the region with 542 beds. The hospital has outstanding programs in heart care, orthopedics, rehabilitation, robotic surgery, mental health, stroke care and women’s health. In addition, the hospital’s Emergency and Critical Care Center is one of the most technologically advanced emergency and intensive care facilities in the nation.
Sharp Grossmont Hospital is nationally recognized as a MAGNET®-designated hospital for patient care and nursing practices. This designation is the “gold standard” for patient care and nursing excellence and is the highest honor awarded by the American Nurses Credentialing Center.
- Current certification as Nursing Assistant for long-term care and skilled nursing
- Completion of an approved nursing assistant course.
- Ability to perform all baseline resident / patient care skills under guidance of Licensed Nurse.
- Current BLS certification for healthcare providers.
- Effective interpersonal skills.
- Fluent knowledge (written and spoken) of English.
- One year recent experience as a Nursing Assistant in geriatric setting preferred OR one year recent experience in an acute care hospital preferred
Sharp HealthCare is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, gender, gender identity, transgender status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status or any other protected class.
“After nearly 10 years of working here, it's still one of the hardest jobs I've ever loved. If you find a niche here, you'll be working with some of the smartest in the industry. This is where they'll respect you for thinking outside the box and kindness matters. They expect consistency and hard work, but pay you well to do it.”