Certified Nursing Assistant - CNAJob ID 85980 Date posted 02/08/2018
- Facility: Sharp Grossmont Hospital
- City: La Mesa
- Department: TCU
- Category: CNA Jobs
- Job Status: Full-Time
- Shift: Day Job
- FTE: 1.0
- Shift Start: 7 AM
- Shift End Time: 3:30 PM
Location: This position is located in La Mesa, San Diego County at Sharp Grossmont Hospital for the TCU department.
Hours: 7 am – 3:30 pm, with every other weekend
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- Current certification as Nursing Assistant for long-term care and skilled nursing
- Completion of an approved nursing assistant course.
- Ability to perform all baseline resident / patient care skills under guidance of Licensed Nurse.
- Current BLS certification for healthcare providers.
- Effective interpersonal skills.
- Fluent knowledge (written and spoken) of English.
Preferred Skills and Qualifications:
- One year recent experience as a Nursing Assistant in geriatric setting preferred OR one year recent experience in an acute care hospital preferred
Collaborates with the Interdisciplinary Team (IDT) in the delivery of quality patient / resident care under the direction of a licensed nurse. Delivers care with consideration to age specific needs / care. Contributes to the overall unit functions.
Sharp Grossmont Hospital is the largest not-for-profit, full-service acute care hospital in the region with 542 beds. The hospital has outstanding programs in heart care, orthopedics, rehabilitation, robotic surgery, mental health, stroke care and women’s health. In addition, the hospital’s Emergency and Critical Care Center is one of the most technologically advanced emergency and intensive care facilities in the nation.
Sharp Grossmont Hospital is nationally recognized as a MAGNET®-designated hospital for patient care and nursing practices. This designation is the “gold standard” for patient care and nursing excellence and is the highest honor awarded by the American Nurses Credentialing Center.
Essential Physical Requirements may include:
- Twisting (trunk)
- Twisting (neck)
- Bending (waist)
- Flexing/Extending (neck)
- Fine Manipulation / Pinching
- Reaching below shoulder level
- Reaching above shoulder level
- Bed mobilization (scooting / rolling)
- Lateral transfers (bed to gurney)
- Bed to chair/wheelchair/commode transfer
- Car transfers
- Lift up to 50 pounds
- Push/Pull over 100 pounds
- Carry up to 25 pounds
Additional physical requirements of position may be discussed during interview.
Sharp HealthCare is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, gender identity, transgender status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status or any other protected class.
Keywords: Certified Nursing Assistant-CNA, Certified Nursing Assistant, CNA, Nursing Assistant, NA