Clinical Evaluator II, Physical Rehab, SGH
Job ID: 107275 Date posted: January 12, 2021
- Sharp Grossmont Hospital
- Physical Rehab
- Day Job
Wondering what qualities it takes to be a successful nursing professional at Sharp? View some of the traits we’re looking for below.
- Critical Thinker
The Clinical Evaluator II position provides comprehensive evaluation of all patient/client referrals for Post-Acute Care services, recommends treatment options and coordinates admission assuring communication between relevant parties and smooth service access for internal and external constituencies. The Clinical Evaluator II position is with the Physical Rehabilitation department at Sharp Grossmont Hospital.
Sharp Grossmont Hospital’s rehabilitation program offers a wide range of services that allows patients who have had a catastrophic injury or disabling illness to more easily return to their highest level of independence. We offer rehabilitation services at two locations — at the Sharp Grossmont Rehabilitation Center on the hospital campus, as well as the outpatient Briar Patch facility behind the hospital. Our Rehabilitation Services are recognized in the top 9 percent out of the more than 805 rehabilitation centers across the nation for patient outcomes. Our stoke specialty program is accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Rehabilitation facilities (CARF).
The rehabilitation team consists of a dedicated staff of experienced professionals who care for the patient from admission through discharge. The team includes board-certified rehabilitation physicians; nurses; social workers; physical, occupational, speech and recreational therapists; neurological psychologists; and case managers.
Sharp Grossmont Hospital is the largest not-for-profit, full-service acute care hospital in the region with 500+ beds. The hospital has outstanding programs in heart care, orthopedics, rehabilitation, robotic surgery, mental health, stroke care and women’s health. In addition, the hospital’s Emergency and Critical Care Center is one of the most technologically advanced emergency and intensive care facilities in the nation.
Sharp Grossmont Hospital is nationally recognized as a MAGNET®-designated hospital for patient care and nursing practices. This designation is the “gold standard” for patient care and nursing excellence and is the highest honor awarded by the American Nurses Credentialing Center.
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited school of nursing or related health care field
- Current unencumbered CA Registered Nurse license
- Current BLS certification for Healthcare Provider
- Current CA Driver’s License
- Five plus years in the health care industry with extensive working knowledge of rehabilitation services
- Extensive experience in health care management, assessment and service delivery
- Strong communication skills
Preferred Skills and Qualifications
- Master’s degree in nursing or related health care field
- Strong computer skills (MS Word, PowerPoint, Excel, etc.).
Sharp HealthCare is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
Medical, vision and dental
Generous time off
- Committed to excellence in all that we do
- Built to be supportive and educational — a place where employees can grow and thrive
- A positive, compassionate, friendly and team-oriented atmosphere
- Thankful for the contributions and hard work of others, and praising their accomplishments
- Committed to creating a safe environment for those we serve
- Celebrate diversity, recognizing that our unique differences create a stronger whole