Clinical Nurse - RN, BonitaView Home, GH HOSPICE
Job ID: 108484 Date posted: March 08, 2021
- Sharp Hospice Homes
- BonitaView Home
Wondering what qualities it takes to be a successful nursing professional at Sharp? View some of the traits we’re looking for below.
- Critical Thinker
The Clinical Nurse - RN will provide direct and indirect nursing services to patients and families. The CN-RN independently performs the nursing process through individualized assessment, planning, implementation, intervention and evaluation of pain and symptom management at the end of life safe, The CN-RN provides therapeutic, efficient care for patients with overt and subtle needs throughout the continuum of care, and according to unit's standards of care. The CN-RN collaborates with hospice IDT to ensure effective and safe patient care is implemented.
The CN-RN works in highly autonomous environment, and provides nursing and supportive care to patients and their families during end of life in our 6 bed, general inpatient hospice home.
Sharp Hospice Care is dedicated to providing comprehensive care and compassionate support to individuals facing life-limiting illnesses, along with their families and friends. Services range from relief of physical discomfort to emotional and spiritual support. Sharp Hospice Care also provides “pre-hospice” home based palliative care consultation for patients with advanced illness such as heart failure, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease and dementia. Sharp Hospice Care is part of Sharp Grossmont Hospital, nationally recognized as a MAGNET®-designated hospital for patient care and nursing practices.
Sharp Hospice Care provides in-home services and also provides the region’s first freestanding hospice homes, LakeView Home in La Mesa, ParkView Home in Del Cerro and BonitaView Home in Bonita which offer end-of-life patients an alternative to nursing home placement. The homes - staffed 24 hours a day by licensed nurses - provide a comfortable and supportive environment for up to four patients at one time in each home.
Sharp HealthCare is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, gender identity, transgender status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status or any other protected class.
This position is located at BonitaView Home in Bonita in San Diego County
12 hour shift, Full-time, variable hours, Days and Nights, working weekends as needed
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Graduate of a Nursing School
- Current unencumbered California Registered Nurse licensure
- AHA Basic Life Support certification for Healthcare Professional (AHA BLS Healthcare)
- More than one year of clinical experience
Preferred Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelors of Science Degree in Nursing
- Certified Hospice Palliative Care Nurse (CHPN)
- Acute care hospital experience
- Hospice inpatient experience
- Bilingual (English/Spanish)
Medical, vision and dental
Generous time off
- Committed to excellence in all that we do
- Built to be supportive and educational — a place where employees can grow and thrive
- A positive, compassionate, friendly and team-oriented atmosphere
- Thankful for the contributions and hard work of others, and praising their accomplishments
- Committed to creating a safe environment for those we serve
- Celebrate diversity, recognizing that our unique differences create a stronger whole