Clinical Nurse - RN, Cardiac Cath Lab, SGH
Job ID: 96165 Date posted: June 07, 2019
- Sharp Grossmont Hospital
- Cardiac Cath Lab
- Day Job
Wondering what qualities it takes to be a successful nursing professional at Sharp? View some of the traits we’re looking for below.
- Critical Thinker
The Clinical Nurse-RN serves as procedural RN and member of a highly skilled multi-disciplinary team in dynamic Cardiac Cath lab with a heavy volume of emergent cases. Responsible for intra-procedural assessment and care of patients undergoing both routine and emergent cardiac catheterizations, permanent pacemaker and AICD implantation's, and other procedures including TEE's and non-invasive tests. Administers and monitors moderate (procedural) sedation under the direct supervision of the cardiologist. May take overnight STEMI call.
Sharp Grossmont Cardiac Cath Lab is a dynamic and team oriented department. We currently have two Cath Labs that support EP, Cath and device cases. We also assist with non-invasive procedures such as TEEs, stress tests, and cardioversions. Our staff includes RN's, RT's and CVT's. We have a strong team to support twenty plus physicians, including eight interventional cardiologists. RNs primarily perform the sedation role but could cross-train to scrubbing, circulating, and monitoring all procedures in the Cardiac Cath Lab, including diagnostic and interventional procedures, peripheral vascular interventions, pacemaker insertions, and electrophysiology procedures.
Sharp Grossmont Hospital is the largest not-for-profit, full-service acute care hospital in the region with 536 beds. The hospital has outstanding programs in heart care, orthopedics, rehabilitation, robotic surgery, mental health, stroke care and women’s health. In addition, the hospital’s Emergency and Critical Care Center is one of the most technologically advanced emergency and intensive care facilities in the nation.
Sharp Grossmont Hospital is nationally recognized as a MAGNET®-designated hospital for patient care and nursing practices. This designation is the “gold standard” for patient care and nursing excellence and is the highest honor awarded by the American Nurses Credentialing Center.
Essential Physical Requirements may be discussed during interview.
Sharp HealthCare is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, gender identity, transgender status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status or any other protected class.
This position is located in La Mesa, CA, San Diego County
12 hour day shift: 6:30am-7:00pm
weekends as needed and call required with 30 minute response time
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Education as required by the California Board of Registered Nursing (CA BRN)
- Current unencumbered California RN licensure required
- Current BLS certification for Healthcare Providers
- Current ACLS certification
- Minimum one (1) year clinical RN experience
- Must complete ECMO training competencies within 90 days of hire
Preferred Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelors of Science Degree in Nursing
- Two years Cath Lab or ICU RN experience strongly preferred
- Current experience in sedation and airway management strongly preferred
Medical, vision and dental
Generous time off
- Committed to excellence in all that we do
- Built to be supportive and educational — a place where employees can grow and thrive
- A positive, compassionate, friendly and team-oriented atmosphere
- Thankful for the contributions and hard work of others, and praising their accomplishments
- Committed to creating a safe environment for those we serve
- Celebrate diversity, recognizing that our unique differences create a stronger whole