Clinical Nurse - RN, Cardiac Rehab, SGH
Job ID: 104852 Date posted: September 15, 2020
- Sharp Grossmont Hospital
- Cardiac Rehab
- Day Job
Wondering what qualities it takes to be a successful nursing professional at Sharp? View some of the traits we’re looking for below.
- Critical Thinker
The Clinical Nurse independently performs the nursing process through individualized assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation of safe, therapeutic, efficient care for patients with overt and subtle needs throughout the continuum of care, and according to unit's standards of care. This position requires the nurse to function independently & collaboratively with other disciplines to manage patient progress. Candidate should have knowledge of current principles, theories and practices related to cardiac rehabilitation and secondary prevention. Participation in Community Health Promotion will occur via community lectures and Health Fairs.
Cardiac Rehabilitation offers a positive environment where RNs work in all phases of an outpatient cardiac rehabilitation program assisting cardiac patients with lifestyle modifications and recovery from cardiac events.
Sharp Grossmont Hospital is the largest not-for-profit, full-service acute care hospital in the region with 536 beds. The hospital has outstanding programs in heart care, orthopedics, rehabilitation, robotic surgery, mental health, stroke care and women’s health. In addition, the hospital’s Emergency and Critical Care Center is one of the most technologically advanced emergency and intensive care facilities in the nation.
Sharp Grossmont Hospital is nationally recognized as a MAGNET®-designated hospital for patient care and nursing practices. This designation is the “gold standard” for patient care and nursing excellence and is the highest honor awarded by the American Nurses Credentialing Center.
Additional physical requirements of position may be discussed during interview.
Sharp HealthCare is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, gender identity, transgender status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status or any other protected class.
Keywords: Clinical Nurse-RN, Registered Nurse, Cardiac Rehab, ED, ICU
This position is located in La Mesa, San Diego, County
Part-Time (.5); 9 hour variable day shifts: 6:45 am - 4:15 pm
Weekends as needed for Community Events (generally once or twice annually)
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Graduate of a Nursing School/Program (RN)
- Current unencumbered California Registered Nurse licensure
- Current BLS certification for Healthcare Providers
- Current ACLS certification
- One year experience in Cardiac Rehab, ED, ICU or have strong Telemetry experience
- Current telemetry monitoring experience or certification
- Skill to provide patient education and conduct lectures on cardiac risk factors and cardiac health related topics
- Knowledge of cardiac diseases and disorders and ECG interpretation
Preferred Skills and Qualifications
- Experience with exercise prescription, testing, and progression
Medical, vision and dental
Generous time off
- Committed to excellence in all that we do
- Built to be supportive and educational — a place where employees can grow and thrive
- A positive, compassionate, friendly and team-oriented atmosphere
- Thankful for the contributions and hard work of others, and praising their accomplishments
- Committed to creating a safe environment for those we serve
- Celebrate diversity, recognizing that our unique differences create a stronger whole