Clinical Nurse - RN, Emergency Department Transition in Practice, Sharp Grossmont Hospital
Job ID: 107093 Date posted: December 31, 2020
- Sharp Grossmont Hospital
- Emergency Department (CCTA)
- Evening Job
Wondering what qualities it takes to be a successful nursing professional at Sharp? View some of the traits we’re looking for below.
- Critical Thinker
"Emergency Department RN Training Program"Sharp Grossmont Hospital is offering registered nurses the opportunity to train in the emergency room.
The Clinical Nurse RN is an integral part of the team with the opportunity to practice evidence-based care and utilize the nursing care process in a collaborative environment. This position independently performs the nursing process through individualized assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation of safe, therapeutic, efficient care of patients with overt and subtle needs throughout the continuum of care, according to unit’s standard of care. We are looking for qualified nurses to share our vision of patient care that continually moves toward excellence in all patient and staff outcomes.
Sharp Grossmont Hospital's Emergency Room department is one of the most technologically advanced of its kind. We are the busiest community emergency department in San Diego County seeing more than 100,000 patients a year treating a diverse population. We have also been designated by the county as a STEMI center, due to implementation of new cardiac protocols meeting county and national guidelines for treating acute MI patients. Additionally, we have achieved stroke center status due to our focus on providing expeditious diagnosis and treatment of stroke patients. We have a helipad that receives patients with medical emergencies, such as snake bites, heat stroke, and heart attacks, from our rural cachement area. Currently, we run 43 acute care beds 24 hours a day, plus 21 minor care and observation beds that are open during high volume hours. Opportunities for growth include MICN, advanced clinician, clinical lead and our new ICU/ED rotation.
Sharp Grossmont Hospital is the largest not-for-profit, full-service acute care hospital in the region with 536 beds. The hospital has outstanding programs in heart care, orthopedics, rehabilitation, robotic surgery, mental health, stroke care and women’s health. In addition, the hospital’s Emergency and Critical Care Center is one of the most technologically advanced emergency and intensive care facilities in the nation.
This position is located in La Mesa, San Diego County
12-hour, Evening shift; 3:00 pm – 3:30 am; including every other weekend
This is full-time position, (.9): 72 hours/per pay period (RN Transition in Practice)
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Associates of Science Degree in Nursing
- Current unencumbered California Registered Nurse licensure
- Current BLS certification for HealthCare Providers
- Current ACLS certification (Must have within first 90 days of employment)
- Current PALS certification (by program start date)
- NIHSS Certification (Must have within first 90 days of employment)
- One to Two years current acute care Medical/Surgical Clinical Nurse experience in an Acute Care setting or
- One to Two years current Telemetry/Progressive Care or Critical Care Clinical Nurse experience in an Acute Care setting
- One to Two years current Women’s (Women’s Acute Care, Labor and Delivery, NICU) Clinical Nurse experience or
- One to Two years current Urgent Care Clinical Nurse experience
Preferred Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelors of Science Degree in Nursing
- CPI Training (Must have within first 90 days of employment)
Sharp HealthCare is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
Keywords: Clinical Nurse-RN, Registered Nurse, Emergency Department, ED,
RN Training Program, RN Transition in Practice
Medical, vision and dental
Generous time off
- Committed to excellence in all that we do
- Built to be supportive and educational — a place where employees can grow and thrive
- A positive, compassionate, friendly and team-oriented atmosphere
- Thankful for the contributions and hard work of others, and praising their accomplishments
- Committed to creating a safe environment for those we serve
- Celebrate diversity, recognizing that our unique differences create a stronger whole