Clinical Nurse - RN, Endoscopy, SGH
Job ID: 106310 Date posted: November 17, 2020
- Sharp Grossmont Hospital
- Day Job
Wondering what qualities it takes to be a successful nursing professional at Sharp? View some of the traits we’re looking for below.
- Critical Thinker
The Clinical Nurse RN is an integral part of the team with the opportunity to practice evidence-based care and utilize the nursing care process in a collaborative environment. This position independently performs the nursing process through individualized assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation of safe, therapeutic, efficient care of patients with overt and subtle needs throughout the continuum of care, according to unit’s standard of care. We are looking for qualified nurses to share our vision of patient care that continually moves toward excellence in all patient and staff outcomes.
The Endoscopy Department provides care in a patient centered environment. This department performs 500-700 procedures a month including Colonoscopies, Tranesophageal Echocardiograms, Cardioversions, Bronchoscopies and Pain Management.
Sharp Grossmont Hospital is the largest not-for-profit, full-service acute care hospital in the region with 536 beds. The hospital has outstanding programs in heart care, orthopedics, rehabilitation, robotic surgery, mental health, stroke care and women’s health. In addition, the hospital’s Emergency and Critical Care Center is one of the most technologically advanced emergency and intensive care facilities in the nation.
Sharp Grossmont Hospital is nationally recognized as a MAGNET®-designated hospital for patient care and nursing practices. This designation is the “gold standard” for patient care and nursing excellence and is the highest honor awarded by the American Nurses Credentialing Center.
Sharp HealthCare is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, gender identity, transgender status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status or any other protected class.
Keywords: Clinical Nurse-RN, Registered Nurse, Endoscopy
This position is located in La Mesa, San Diego County
Part-Time .5; 4 hour variable day shift
Required Skills and Qualifications
Associates of Science Degree in Nursing
- Current unencumbered California Registered Nurse Licensure
- Current BLS certification for Healthcare Providers
- Current ACLS certification
- One year current Endoscopy experience in both the sedation and technical aspects
- One year current Registered Nurse experience in an Acute Care setting
- Demonstrates stong clinical judgment
- Demonstrates strong work ethic, excellent teamwork, and positive attitude
- Excellent communication skills
Preferred Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelors of Science Degree in Nursing
Medical, vision and dental
Generous time off
- Committed to excellence in all that we do
- Built to be supportive and educational — a place where employees can grow and thrive
- A positive, compassionate, friendly and team-oriented atmosphere
- Thankful for the contributions and hard work of others, and praising their accomplishments
- Committed to creating a safe environment for those we serve
- Celebrate diversity, recognizing that our unique differences create a stronger whole