Clinical Nurse - RN, Hospice Transitions Program
Job ID: 97999 Date posted: September 11, 2019
- Sharp HospiceCare
- Hospice Transitions Program
- Day Job
Wondering what qualities it takes to be a successful nursing professional at Sharp? View some of the traits we’re looking for below.
- Critical Thinker
The Clinical Nurse-RN is a RN for community based Palliative Care. The Clinical Nurse-RN will provide direct and indirect nursing services to patients and families. The Clinical Nurse - RN will integrate care with the multidisciplinary team to provide aggressive in home consultative palliative care for the management of chronic progressive diseases and advanced illness management. The Clinical Nurse-RN is an integral part of the team with the opportunity to practice evidence-based care and utilize the nursing care process in a collaborative environment. This position independently performs the nursing process through individualized assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation of safe, therapeutic, efficient care of patients with overt and subtle needs throughout the continuum of care, according to unit’s standard of care. We are looking for qualified nurses to share our vision of holistic patient care that continually moves toward excellence in all patient and staff outcomes.
Sharp HospiceCare is a moderate size Medicare Certified, Joint Commission Accredited organization in an integrated healthcare delivery system.Sharp Hospice Care is dedicated to providing comprehensive care and compassionate support to individuals facing life-limiting illnesses, along with their families and friends. Services range from relief of physical discomfort to emotional and spiritual support. Sharp Hospice Care also provides home based palliative care consultation for patients with advanced illness such as heart failure, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease and dementia. Sharp Hospice Care is part of Sharp Grossmont Hospital, nationally recognized as a MAGNET®-designated hospital for patient care and nursing practices.
Sharp Hospice Care provides in-home services and also provides the region’s first freestanding hospice homes, LakeView Home in La Mesa, ParkView Home in Del Cerro and BonitaView Home in Bonita which offer end-of-life patients an alternative to nursing home placement. The homes – staffed 24 hours a day by licensed nurses – provide a comfortable and supportive environment for our patients and their families.
Physical requirements of position may be discussed during interview.
Sharp HealthCare is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
This position is located in La Mesa, San Diego County
8 hour shift, Full-time, 8:00am - 4:30pm, working weekends as needed
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Graduate of a Nursing School
- Current unencumbered CA Registered Nurse licensure
- Current BLS certification for Healthcare Providers issued by the AHA
- More than one year of clinical RN experience
Preferred Skills and Qualifications
- CHPN Certification (or within one year of hire)
- Two years recent Acute Care Medical Surgical nursing experience with strong Med/Surg skills and/or Palliative care and Hospice experience
- Disease Directed Case Management experience
- Oncology Experience
- Critical Care Experience
- Geriatric Care Experience
Medical, vision and dental
Generous time off
- Committed to excellence in all that we do
- Built to be supportive and educational — a place where employees can grow and thrive
- A positive, compassionate, friendly and team-oriented atmosphere
- Thankful for the contributions and hard work of others, and praising their accomplishments
- Committed to creating a safe environment for those we serve
- Celebrate diversity, recognizing that our unique differences create a stronger whole