Clinical Nurse - RN, Interventional Radiology, SGH
Job ID: 103120 Date posted: June 30, 2020
- Sharp Grossmont Hospital
- Interventional Radiology
- Day Job
Wondering what qualities it takes to be a successful nursing professional at Sharp? View some of the traits we’re looking for below.
- Critical Thinker
The Clinical Nurse RN provide direct and indirect nursing services to patients and families. Independently performs the nursing process through individualized assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation of safe, therapeutic, efficient care for patients with overt and subtle needs throughout the continuum of care, and according to unit's standards of care. Able to assess the needs of the radiologist for all procedures performed in the IR area and obtain the appropriate information from outside sources prior to the case date. Coordinates patient care and procedure needs prior to schedule appointment time. Communicate with outside physician on the needs of the patient. Recognizes inconsistencies in patient care and manages potential complications. Demonstrates consistent organization and prioritization of workload.
Sharp Grossmont Hospital’s Imaging Services department provides state-of-the-art imaging services to the East County community. This dynamic and versatile imaging department includes radiology, CT and MRI scanning, nuclear medicine, interventional radiology, ultrasound and CT/PET imaging. Staff employs the most advanced radiology and diagnostic technologies in both an inpatient and outpatient environment. The Radiology Team has a commitment to excellence in patient care and work in a collaborative team environment. Employees include licensed technologist, RN’s, imaging assistants and administrative support staff.
Sharp Grossmont Hospital is the largest not-for-profit, full-service acute care hospital in the region with 536 beds. The hospital has outstanding programs in heart care, orthopedics, rehabilitation, robotic surgery, mental health, stroke care and women’s health. In addition, the hospital’s Emergency and Critical Care Center is one of the most technologically advanced emergency and intensive care facilities in the nation.
Sharp Grossmont Hospital is nationally recognized as a MAGNET®-designated hospital for patient care and nursing practices. This designation is the “gold standard” for patient care and nursing excellence and is the highest honor awarded by the American Nurses Credentialing Center.
- Current unencumbered California Registered Nurse licensure
- Current Basic Life Support (BLS) certification for Healthcare Providers
- Current Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) certification
- Minimum one (1) year clinical RN experience
- Bachelors of Science Degree in Nursing
- Two years recent ER/ICU RN experience strongly preferred
- One year Interventional Radiology (IR) RN experience strongly preferred
- Working knowledge of procedural sedation
Essential Physical Requirements may be discussed during interview.
Medical, vision and dental
Generous time off
- Committed to excellence in all that we do
- Built to be supportive and educational — a place where employees can grow and thrive
- A positive, compassionate, friendly and team-oriented atmosphere
- Thankful for the contributions and hard work of others, and praising their accomplishments
- Committed to creating a safe environment for those we serve
- Celebrate diversity, recognizing that our unique differences create a stronger whole