Clinical Nurse - RN, Labor & Delivery (WC2), SGH
Job ID: 102293 Date posted: May 13, 2020
- Sharp Grossmont Hospital
- Labor & Delivery (WC2)
- Night Job
Wondering what qualities it takes to be a successful nursing professional at Sharp? View some of the traits we’re looking for below.
- Critical Thinker
The Clinical Nurse RN is an integral part of the team with the opportunity to practice evidence-based care and utilize the nursing care process in a collaborative environment. This position independently performs the nursing process through individualized assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation of safe, therapeutic, efficient care of patients with overt and subtle needs throughout the continuum of care, according to unit’s standard of care. We are looking for qualified nurses to share our vision of holistic patient care that continually moves toward excellence in all patient and staff outcomes.
Nationally ranked in the top 10th percentile for patient satisfaction in maternal/infant health services by Press Ganey, the Women's Health Center at Sharp Grossmont Hospital offers comprehensive services for women at all stages of life. We are dedicated to providing a healing, family-centered environment for women and newborn infants.
Our Labor & Delivery Unit provides a homelike setting with 24 private suites performing over 3600 deliveries per year. Our unit is unique in that we are all inclusive-triage, labor and delivery, antepartum care, and post-partum care. There are 4 triage beds, 3 OR suites and 4 recovery beds. As part of our family-centered approach we encourage family members to participate in the birthing experience and support all mothers with their birthing choices. We have an active Unit Practice Council and offer a variety of continuing education. We are looking for flexible, enthusiastic staff to join our team and add to the outstanding patient care we provide.
Sharp Grossmont Hospital is the largest not-for-profit, full-service acute care hospital in the region with 536 beds. The hospital has outstanding programs in heart care, orthopedics, rehabilitation, robotic surgery, mental health, stroke care and women’s health. In addition, the hospital’s Emergency and Critical Care Center is one of the most technologically advanced emergency and intensive care facilities in the nation.
Sharp Grossmont Hospital is nationally recognized as a MAGNET®-designated hospital for patient care and nursing practices. This designation is the “gold standard” for patient care and nursing excellence and is the highest honor awarded by the American Nurses Credentialing Center.
This position is located in La Mesa, San Diego County.
12-hour shift, 7:00 pm -7:30 am
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Associate's Degree in Nursing
- Current unencumbered California Registered Nurse licensure
- Current BLS certification for Healthcare Providers
- Current NRP certification
- Current one year of labor and delivery experience in an acute, hospital setting
- AWHONN Intermediate or Advanced Fetal Monitoring certification
Preferred Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor's Degree in Nursing
- Current ACLS certification
- OR/PACU Experience in Women's Health
Medical, vision and dental
Generous time off
- Committed to excellence in all that we do
- Built to be supportive and educational — a place where employees can grow and thrive
- A positive, compassionate, friendly and team-oriented atmosphere
- Thankful for the contributions and hard work of others, and praising their accomplishments
- Committed to creating a safe environment for those we serve
- Celebrate diversity, recognizing that our unique differences create a stronger whole