Clinical Nurse - RN, Med/Surg 2E, SGH
Job ID: 107365 Date posted: January 15, 2021
- Sharp Grossmont Hospital
- Med/Surg 2E
- Night Job
Wondering what qualities it takes to be a successful nursing professional at Sharp? View some of the traits we’re looking for below.
- Critical Thinker
The Clinical Nurse RN is an integral part of the team with the opportunity to practice evidence-based care and utilize the nursing care process in a collaborative environment. This position independently performs the nursing process through individualized assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation of safe, therapeutic, efficient care of patients with overt and subtle needs throughout the continuum of care, according to unit’s standard of care. We are looking for qualified nurses to share our vision of patient care that continually moves toward excellence in all patient and staff outcomes. Key responsibilities include primary bedside nursing care in coordination with nursing support staff and inter-disciplinary team members.
2-East is a 37-bed Progressive Care Unit specializing in Oncology, Palliative Care, and End of Life care. This multi-disciplinary unit provides the opportunity to practice patient and family centered care while utilizing the nursing care process. We offer the opportunity for career advancement and growth. This includes paid training and support to obtain the ONS Chemotherapy and Biotherapy Certification and Oncology Training Workshops that prepare the RN to care for this unique specialty population. We enjoy a friendly collaborative environment including diverse staff with experience ranging from new graduates to those who have worked on our unit for over 30 years.
Sharp Grossmont Hospital is the largest not-for-profit, full-service acute care hospital in the region with 536 beds. The hospital has outstanding programs in heart care, orthopedics, rehabilitation, robotic surgery, mental health, stroke care and women’s health. In addition, the hospital’s Emergency and Critical Care Center is one of the most technologically advanced emergency and intensive care facilities in the nation.
Sharp Grossmont Hospital is nationally recognized as a MAGNET®-designated hospital for patient care and nursing practices. This designation is the “gold standard” for patient care and nursing excellence and is the highest honor awarded by the American Nurses Credentialing Center.
Additional physical requirements of position may be discussed during interview.
Sharp HealthCare is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, gender identity, transgender status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status or any other protected class.
Keywords: Clinical Nurse-RN, Registered Nurse, Medical Surgical, Med Surg, Oncology, ONS, Progressive Care, PCU, Telemetry, Tele
This position is located in La Mesa, San Diego County
Full-Time; 12-hour night shift: 7:00pm-7:30am including every other weekend
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Graduate of an Accredited School of Nursing
- Current unencumbered California Registered Nurse licensure
- Current BLS certification for Healthcare Providers
- One year recent Medical Surgical or Oncology RN experience in an acute care setting
- Demonstrated problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Effective interpersonal and customer service skills
- Fluent knowledge (written and spoken) of English
Preferred Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelors of Science in Nursing
Medical, vision and dental
Generous time off
- Committed to excellence in all that we do
- Built to be supportive and educational — a place where employees can grow and thrive
- A positive, compassionate, friendly and team-oriented atmosphere
- Thankful for the contributions and hard work of others, and praising their accomplishments
- Committed to creating a safe environment for those we serve
- Celebrate diversity, recognizing that our unique differences create a stronger whole