Clinical Nurse - RN, Medical Intensive Care Unit, Sharp Grossmont Hospital
Job ID: 105903 Date posted: October 28, 2020
- Sharp Grossmont Hospital
- MICU 2W
- Night Job
Wondering what qualities it takes to be a successful nursing professional at Sharp? View some of the traits we’re looking for below.
- Critical Thinker
The Clinical Nurse RN is an integral part of the team with the opportunity to practice evidence-based care and utilize the nursing care process in a collaborative environment. This position independently performs the nursing process through individualized assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation of safe, therapeutic, efficient care of patients with overt and subtle needs throughout the continuum of care, according to unit’s standard of care. We are looking for qualified nurses to share our vision of patient care that continually moves toward excellence in all patient and staff outcomes.
Our 24-bed Medical Intensive Care Unit's patient population includes medical critically ill patients and also surgical overflow patients. Patients may also include CHF, Massive MI, Abdominal surgery and Multiple Organ Failures. It is the most efficiently designed centers in the County, with full view nursing stations and in-room restroom facilities. Technologies: articulating arms, bispectral index, cardiac monitors, automated medical and supply stations, Picture Archiving Clinical Information System, Automated hand washing system, and isolation rooms. Also nurse managed IABPs and SLEDD (CVVH). The MICU achieved “Gold Beacon” status which is a designation conferred by the AACN to ICUs demonstrating clinical excellence. If you desire an atmosphere of continual learning that is challenging and stimulating, this is the place for you!
Sharp Grossmont Hospital is the largest not-for-profit, full-service acute care hospital in the region with 536 beds. The hospital has outstanding programs in heart care, orthopedics, rehabilitation, robotic surgery, mental health, stroke care and women’s health. In addition, the hospital’s Emergency and Critical Care Center is one of the most technologically advanced emergency and intensive care facilities in the nation.
Applicant may be eligible for Relocation Reimbursement of $2500
This position is located in La Mesa, San Diego County
12-hour, Night shift; 7:00 pm – 7:30 am; including every other weekend
This is full-time position, (.9): 72 hours/per pay period
- Associates of Science Degree in Nursing
- Current unencumbered California Registered Nurse licensure
- Current BLS certification for Healthcare Providers
- Current ACLS certification for Healthcare Providers
- One year current adult Intensive Care RN experience in an Acute Care setting
- Ability to demonstrate professional skills
- Departmental competencies skills necessary to be a practitioner, consultant, and mentor
- Must have good people skills
- Bachelors of Science Degree in Nursing
- Current CCRN certification
Sharp HealthCare is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
Keywords: Clinical Nurse-RN, Registered Nurse, Medical Intensive Care, Intensive Care, ICU
Medical, vision and dental
Generous time off
- Committed to excellence in all that we do
- Built to be supportive and educational — a place where employees can grow and thrive
- A positive, compassionate, friendly and team-oriented atmosphere
- Thankful for the contributions and hard work of others, and praising their accomplishments
- Committed to creating a safe environment for those we serve
- Celebrate diversity, recognizing that our unique differences create a stronger whole