Clinical Nurse - RN, MICU 2W, SGHJob ID 84736 Date posted 12/07/2017
- Facility: Sharp Grossmont Hospital
- City: La Mesa
- Department: MICU 2W
- Category: RN Jobs
- Job Status: Full-Time
- Shift: Night Job
- FTE: 0.9
- Shift Start: 7 PM
- Shift End Time: 7:30 AM
- Associates of Science Degree in Nursing
- Current unencumbered California Registered Nurse licensure
- Current BLS certification for Healthcare Providers issued by AHA
- Current ACLS certification issued by AHA
- One to Two years current acute care Medical/Surgical RN experience in an Acute Care setting
- Ability to demonstrate professional skills
- Departmental competencies skills necessary to be a practitioner, consultant, and mentor
- Must have good people skills
- Bachelors of Science Degree in Nursing
- One to Two years current Telemetry/Progressive Care or Emergency Department Clinical Nurse experience in an Acute Care setting
- Current PCCN certification
The Clinical Nurse RN is an integral part of the team with the opportunity to practice evidence-based care and utilize the nursing care process in a collaborative environment. This position independently performs the nursing process through individualized assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation of safe, therapeutic, efficient care of patients with overt and subtle needs throughout the continuum of care, according to unit’s standard of care. We are looking for qualified nurses to share our vision of patient care that continually moves toward excellence in all patient and staff outcomes.
Our 24-bed Medical Intensive Care Unit's patient population includes medical critically ill patients and also surgical overflow patients. Patients may also include CHF, Massive MI, Abdominal surgery and Multiple Organ Failures. It is the most efficiently designed centers in the County, with full view nursing stations and in-room restroom facilities. Technologies: articulating arms, bispectral index, cardiac monitors, automated medical and supply stations, Picture Archiving Clinical Information System, Automated hand washing system, and isolation rooms. Also nurse managed IABPs and SLEDD (CVVH).
Sharp Grossmont Hospital is the largest not-for-profit, full-service acute care hospital in the region with 536 beds. The hospital has outstanding programs in heart care, orthopedics, rehabilitation, robotic surgery, mental health, stroke care and women’s health. In addition, the hospital’s Emergency and Critical Care Center is one of the most technologically advanced emergency and intensive care facilities in the nation.
Sharp Grossmont Hospital is nationally recognized as a MAGNET®-designated hospital for patient care and nursing practices. This designation is the “Gold standard” for patient care and nursing excellence and is the highest honor awarded by the American Nurses Credentialing Center.
Essential Physical Requirements May Include
- Twisting (trunk)
- Twisting (neck)
- Bending (waist)
- Flexing/Extending (neck)
- Fine Manipulation / Pinching
- Reaching below shoulder level
- Reaching above shoulder level
- Bed mobilization (scooting / rolling)
- Lateral transfers (bed to gurney)
- Bed to chair/wheelchair/commode transfer
- Lift up to 50 pounds
- Push/Pull over 100 pounds
- Carry up to 25 pounds
Additional physical requirements of position may be discussed during interview.
Keywords: Clinical Nurse-RN, Registered Nurse, Intensive Care, ICU,