Clinical Nurse - RN, OP Surgery Center, SGHJob ID 84462 Date posted 11/17/2017
- Facility: Sharp Grossmont Hospital
- City: La Mesa
- Department: OP Surgery Center
- Category: RN Jobs
- Job Status: Part-Time
- Shift: Day Job
- FTE: 0.6
- Shift Start: Variable
- Shift End Time: Variable
This position is located in La Mesa, San Diego County
Part-Time (.6); 8 hour variable shift
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Associates of Science Degree in Nursing
- Current unencumbered California Registered Nurse license
- Current BLS certification for Healthcare Providers
- ACLS certification
- Moderate sedation proficiency; obtain moderate sedation certification within 1 year of hire
- Recent extensive PACU or critical care experience required
- Knowledgeable in ASPAN standards
- Excellent computer skills, experience in electronic documentation
- Ability to multitask and work in a fast pace environment
- Excellent customer service and communication skills
- Ability to work variable shifts
Preferred Skills and Qualification
- Bachelors of Science Degree in Nursing
- Ambulatory surgery experience
- CAPA/CPAN certification
The Clinical Nurse RN is an integral part of the team with the opportunity to practice evidence-based care and utilize the nursing care process in a collaborative environment. This position independently performs the nursing process through individualized assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation of safe, therapeutic, efficient care of patients with overt and subtle needs throughout the continuum of care, according to unit’s standard of care. We are looking for qualified nurses to share our vision of patient care that continually moves toward excellence in all patient and staff outcomes.
This RN position is for a fast paced Outpatient Surgery Center where there are 6-OR suites providing all outpatient procedures with a primary and secondary recovery area. If you are an experienced PACU RN seeking an environment where you can demonstrate strong leadership and customer service skills and excellent interpersonal skills with families, consider this opportunity.
Sharp Grossmont Hospital is the largest not-for-profit, full-service acute care hospital in the region with 536 beds. The hospital has outstanding programs in heart care, orthopedics, rehabilitation, robotic surgery, mental health, stroke care and women’s health. In addition, the hospital’s Emergency and Critical Care Center is one of the most technologically advanced emergency and intensive care facilities in the nation.
Sharp Grossmont Hospital is nationally recognized as a MAGNET®-designated hospital for patient care and nursing practices. This designation is the “gold standard” for patient care and nursing excellence and is the highest honor awarded by the American Nurses Credentialing Center.
Essential Physical Requirements May Include
- Twisting (trunk)
- Twisting (neck)
- Bending (waist)
- Flexing/extending (neck)
- Fine manipulation/pinching
- Reaching below shoulder level
- Reaching above shoulder level
- Bed mobilization (scooting/rolling)
- Lateral transfers (bed to gurney)
- Bed to chair/wheelchair/commode transfer
- Lift up to 50 pounds
- Push/pull over 100 pounds
- Carry up to 25 pounds
Additional physical requirements of position may be discussed during interview.
Sharp HealthCare is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, gender identity, transgender status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status or any other protected class.
Keywords: Clinical Nurse-RN, Registered Nurse, PACU, Preop