Clinical Nurse - RN, Psych Intensive Treatmnt (ITP), Sharp Grossmont Hospital
Job ID: 103410 Date posted: July 14, 2020
- Sharp Grossmont Hospital
- Psych Intensive Treatmnt (ITP)
- Day Job
Wondering what qualities it takes to be a successful nursing professional at Sharp? View some of the traits we’re looking for below.
- Critical Thinker
The Clinical Nurse RN is an integral part of the team with the opportunity to practice evidence-based care and utilize the nursing care process in a collaborative environment. This position independently performs the nursing process through individualized assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation of safe, therapeutic, efficient care of patients with overt and subtle needs throughout the continuum of care, according to unit’s standard of care. We are looking for qualified nurses to share our vision of holistic patient care that continually moves toward excellence in all patient and staff outcomes.
The Intensive Treatment Program (ITP) is a 14 bed locked 24-hour care unit and part of 46 beds Inpatient Psychiatric Unit at Sharp Grossmont Hospital. This unit is designed for adults who are gravely disabled or so impaired in their psychological functioning as to constitute a danger to themselves or others. Highly focused efforts are provided by the Multidisciplinary Team to assess and stabilize persons in a safe, caring and therapeutic environment. The Sharp Grossmont Behavioral Health team consists of a dedicated staff of experienced professionals who care for the patient from admission through discharge. The team includes nurses, licensed clinical social workers, licensed marriage family therapists, psychiatrists, pharmacists and case managers.
Sharp Grossmont Hospital is the largest not-for-profit, full-service acute care hospital in the region with 536 beds. The hospital has outstanding programs in heart care, orthopedics, rehabilitation, robotic surgery, mental health, stroke care and women’s health. In addition, the hospital’s Emergency and Critical Care Center is one of the most technologically advanced emergency and intensive care facilities in the nation.
Sharp Grossmont Hospital is nationally recognized as a MAGNET®-designated hospital for patient care and nursing practices. This designation is the “gold standard” for patient care and nursing excellence and is the highest honor awarded by the American Nurses Credentialing Center.
This position is located in La Mesa, San Diego County
Full-time; 8 hour day shift; 7:00 am - 3:30 pm; including every other weekend
- Graduate of Nursing School
- Current unencumbered California Registered Nurse license
- Current BLS certification for Healthcare Providers
- One year current Inpatient Behavioral Health/Psych RN experience
- Bachelors of Science Degree in Nursing
- Three to five years inpatient psychiatric RN experience
- Locked unit RN experience
Essential Physical Requirements of position may be discussed during interview
Sharp HealthCare is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
Medical, vision and dental
Generous time off
- Committed to excellence in all that we do
- Built to be supportive and educational — a place where employees can grow and thrive
- A positive, compassionate, friendly and team-oriented atmosphere
- Thankful for the contributions and hard work of others, and praising their accomplishments
- Committed to creating a safe environment for those we serve
- Celebrate diversity, recognizing that our unique differences create a stronger whole