Clinical Nurse - RN, Surgery, SGH
Job ID: 107698 Date posted: January 29, 2021
- Sharp Grossmont Hospital
- Night Job
Wondering what qualities it takes to be a successful nursing professional at Sharp? View some of the traits we’re looking for below.
- Critical Thinker
The Clinical Nurse RN is an integral part of the team with the opportunity to practice evidence-based care and utilize the nursing care process in a collaborative environment. This position independently performs the nursing process through individualized assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation of safe, therapeutic, efficient care of patients with overt and subtle needs throughout the continuum of care, according to unit’s standard of care. We are looking for qualified nurses to share our vision of patient care that continually moves toward excellence in all patient and staff outcomes.
This position is for the Surgery Services at Sharp Grossmont Hospital. The Surgery Services has 12 OR suites and performs all inpatient surgical specialties including Open heart. Its Total Joint Replacement Programs is nationally recognized.
The Surgery service at Sharp Grossmont Hospital has 12-OR suites and performs all inpatient surgical specialties including Open Heart and DaVinci Robotic Surgery. Its Total Joint Replacement program is nationally recognized. Join our highly skilled and efficient team with the challenge of a fast paced surgical department that performs 650-700 surgeries/month.
Sharp Grossmont Hospital is the largest not-for-profit, full-service acute care hospital in the region with 536 beds. The hospital has outstanding programs in heart care, orthopedics, rehabilitation, robotic surgery, mental health, stroke care and women’s health. In addition, the hospital’s Emergency and Critical Care Center is one of the most technologically advanced emergency and intensive care facilities in the nation.
Sharp Grossmont Hospital is nationally recognized as a MAGNET®-designated hospital for patient care and nursing practices. This designation is the “gold standard” for patient care and nursing excellence and is the highest honor awarded by the American Nurses Credentialing Center.
Additional physical requirements of position may be discussed during interview.
Sharp HealthCare is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, gender identity, transgender status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status or any other protected class.
Keywords: Clinical Nurse-RN, Registered Nurse, Surgery, OR, Circulating
This position is located in La Mesa, San Diego County
Sign On Bonus: $5000
Full-Time; 10 hour variable night shift
Required Skills and Qualifications
Associates of Science Degree in Nursing
- Current unencumbered California Registered Nurse licensure
- Current BLS certification for Healthcare Providers
- Current one years of OR experience in an acute care setting
- Proficient in all specialties (Except Open Heart)
- Ability to function in a fast paced surgical department
- Strong customer service and teamwork skills
Preferred Skills and Qualifications
Bachelors of Science Degree in Nursing
Medical, vision and dental
Generous time off
- Committed to excellence in all that we do
- Built to be supportive and educational — a place where employees can grow and thrive
- A positive, compassionate, friendly and team-oriented atmosphere
- Thankful for the contributions and hard work of others, and praising their accomplishments
- Committed to creating a safe environment for those we serve
- Celebrate diversity, recognizing that our unique differences create a stronger whole