Clinical Nurse - RN, Surgical Intensive Care Unit, Sharp Grossmont Hospital
Job ID: 103111 Date posted: June 30, 2020
- Sharp Grossmont Hospital
- SICU 1W
- Night Job
Wondering what qualities it takes to be a successful nursing professional at Sharp? View some of the traits we’re looking for below.
- Critical Thinker
The Clinical Nurse RN is an integral part of the team with the opportunity to practice evidence-based care and utilize the nursing care process in a collaborative environment. This position independently performs the nursing process through individualized assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation of safe, therapeutic, efficient care of patients with overt and subtle needs throughout the continuum of care, according to unit’s standard of care. We are looking for qualified nurses to share our vision of patient care that continually moves toward excellence in all patient and staff outcomes.
The Surgical Intensive Care Unit is a 24-bed unit. Be a part of the modern Sharp Grossmont Hospital SICU opened in October 2009. Our majority patient population consists of postoperative patients including open hearts, Transcatheter aortic valve replacement (TAVR), Video-Assisted Thoracoscopic Surgery (VATS), neuro surgeries, post tPA treatment and Mechanical thrombectomy for acute ischemic strokes, vascular and general surgeries, patient with advance life supporting and life sustaining medical equipment such as Extracorporeal membrane oxygenation (ECMO), ventricular assist device (Impella), intra-aortic balloon pump (IABP) and continuous renal placement therapy. The SICU has a cohesive team environment in which the nurses support and mentor others. We encourage our nurses in professional growth by having our physicians and staff teach free classes. The SICU Advancement Pathway is designed to provide a framework for our RNs professional development over their ICU nursing career.
Sharp Grossmont Hospital is the largest not-for-profit, full-service acute care hospital in the region with 536 beds. The hospital has outstanding programs in heart care, orthopedics, rehabilitation, robotic surgery, mental health, stroke care and women’s health. In addition, the hospital’s Emergency and Critical Care Center is one of the most technologically advanced emergency and intensive care facilities in the nation.
Sharp Grossmont Hospital is nationally recognized as a MAGNET®-designated hospital for patient care and nursing practices. This designation is the “gold standard” for patient care and nursing excellence and is the highest honor awarded by the American Nurses Credentialing Center. Sharp Grossmont Hospital is also designated as a Person-Centered Care Hospital by Planetree, an organization committed to personalizing, humanizing, and demystifying the hospital experience for patients and their families.
Applicant may be eligible for Relocation Reimbursement up to $2500
Sharp employees are eligible for a $1000 employee referral bonus
This position is located in La Mesa, San Diego County
12-hour, Night shift; 7:00 pm – 7:30 am; including every other weekend
This is full-time position, (.9): 72 hours/per pay period
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Associates of Science Degree in Nursing
- Current unencumbered California Registered Nurse licensure
- Current BLS certification for Healthcare providers
- Current ACLS certification for Healthcare Providers
- Current NIHSS Certification
- One year current adult Intensive Care RN experience in an Acute Care setting
- Must have good people skills
- Ability to demonstrate professional skills
- Departmental competencies skills necessary to be a practitioner, consultant, and mentor
Preferred Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelors of Science Degree in Nursing
- Current CCRN certification
Sharp HealthCare is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
Keywords: Clinical Nurse-RN, Registered Nurse, Surgical Intensive Care, Intensive Care, ICU
Medical, vision and dental
Generous time off
- Committed to excellence in all that we do
- Built to be supportive and educational — a place where employees can grow and thrive
- A positive, compassionate, friendly and team-oriented atmosphere
- Thankful for the contributions and hard work of others, and praising their accomplishments
- Committed to creating a safe environment for those we serve
- Celebrate diversity, recognizing that our unique differences create a stronger whole