Clinical Nurse - RN, Surgical Procedure Unit, SGH
Job ID: 100201 Date posted: January 10, 2020
- Sharp Grossmont Hospital
- Surgical Procedure Unit
Wondering what qualities it takes to be a successful nursing professional at Sharp? View some of the traits we’re looking for below.
- Critical Thinker
The Clinical Nurse RN is an integral part of the team with the opportunity to practice evidence-based care and utilize the nursing care process in a collaborative environment. This position independently performs the nursing process through individualized assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation of safe, therapeutic, efficient care of patients with overt and subtle needs throughout the continuum of care, according to unit’s standard of care. We are looking for qualified nurses to share our vision of patient care that continually moves toward excellence in all patient and staff outcomes.
This position is for the Surgical Procedure Unit at Sharp Grossmont Hospital The RN coordinates care within a multi-disciplinary team to prepare patients for surgery and/or procedures. Health history screening, documentation and completion of pre and postoperative testing. This department performs both preoperative and postoperative/post-procedure Phase II recovery care. Extensive patient education regarding the operative process including pain management.
Sharp Grossmont Hospital is the largest not-for-profit, full-service acute care hospital in the region with 536 beds. The hospital has outstanding programs in heart care, orthopedics, rehabilitation, robotic surgery, mental health, stroke care and women’s health. In addition, the hospital’s Emergency and Critical Care Center is one of the most technologically advanced emergency and intensive care facilities in the nation.
Sharp Grossmont Hospital is nationally recognized as a MAGNET®-designated hospital for patient care and nursing practices. This designation is the “gold standard” for patient care and nursing excellence and is the highest honor awarded by the American Nurses Credentialing Center.
Additional physical requirements of position may be discussed during interview.
Sharp HealthCare is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, gender identity, transgender status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status or any other protected class.
Keywords: Clinical Nurse-RN, Registered Nurse, SPU
This position is located in La Mesa, San Diego County
Part-Time (.75); 10 hours variable shift
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Associates of Science Degree in Nursing
- Current unencumbered California Registered Nurse license
- Current BLS certification for Healthcare Providers
- Demonstrates strong IV skills
- Proficient in Basic EKG recognition
- One year recent Clinical Nurse experience in an Acute Care setting
- Ability to operate multi-phone system
- Excellent computer and multi-tasking skills
- Excellent customer service and communication skills
Preferred Skills and Qualification
- Bachelors of Science Degree in Nursing
Medical, vision and dental
Generous time off
- Committed to excellence in all that we do
- Built to be supportive and educational — a place where employees can grow and thrive
- A positive, compassionate, friendly and team-oriented atmosphere
- Thankful for the contributions and hard work of others, and praising their accomplishments
- Committed to creating a safe environment for those we serve
- Celebrate diversity, recognizing that our unique differences create a stronger whole